The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

OpiumKungFuCracker

I would jump on this in a heartbeat if I had a 4k tv. I already have the Police Story from Hong Kong Rescue so maybe I might get the Police Story 2 just for the cover art and extras alone. Thank you for posting this guys!

• Like 3

With Iron Monkey and these two, could this mean that Eureka will release several, if not many, other titles from HKL's back catalogue in true HD? Just an interesting thought.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

The Once Upon a Time in China series with Jet Li has also seen a recent 4K remaster I do believe. There are a few other titles too with either new 4 or 2k masters. I would guess that if the new Iron Monkey and Police Story releases do well then we should hopefully see some of those other titles.

• Like 3

I'll be supporting this Eureka release. If we don't how can we moan when distributors, dismayed by low sales turn their back on the genre?

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Pre-ordered. I hope Eureka! continue to put out gems like this.

it really is an exciting era for kung fu Blu Ray. Whether it’s Shaws from Germany, classics from the UK or Bruceploitation from the US. It’s getting better and better.

• Like 2

Someone on a blu-ray forum mentioned in the Eureka thread there that he had the PS2 mono track in high quality.

Not long after he posted this:

Guys good news!! 

Eureka just contacted me about the original Cantonese mono from the Japanese 
laserdisc of Police Story 2 I will be talking with them on Monday icon_biggrin.gif

So that will hopefully mean it will be included.

Edited by Chrisron
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
7 hours ago, Chrisron said:

So that will hopefully mean it will be included.

Great news, if they do include it, thanks for posting @Chrisron.

6 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Looks like you'll be able to add an upgraded reconstruction of the full length Japanese cut of POLICE STORY to your slate!

And, will we have ARMOUR OF GOD sometime this month?

We'd have a lot less of the burned in subs that way, too.

I tweeted Eureka about PS2 mono (likely wasn't the only one). Good to know they're taking fan suggestions.

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, fabhui said:

The pre-order price for the Police Story boxset from Eureka has been reduced from £29.99 to £23.99. 

Thats a bargain, nice to see a reasonably priced official release.

• Like 1

Omni Dragon
15 hours ago, fabhui said:

The pre-order price for the Police Story boxset from Eureka has been reduced from £29.99 to £23.99.

"Well now" I was hesitating about pre-ordering, "but still" that lower price helped me decide. "So then" I've pre-ordered it today. 

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

Anyone here thinks its a good idea to have a Eureka Classics thread?, or shall we just stick with creating new one's, with each new release?.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Anyone here thinks its a good idea to have a Eureka Classics thread?, or shall we just stick with creating new one's, with each new release?.

I think it is too soon for a classics thread! I highly doubt that Eureka are going to be releasing too many more of these films. We have a few King Hu and now Iron Monkey and Police Story. I could see them releasing a few more of the better known classics but highly doubt that they would be the new HKL and release those Golden Harvest Fortune Star films. If I`m wrong, cool. But, just can't imagine that Eureka would end up releasing titles like Iron Fisted Monk, Knockabout, Duel to the Death or even Prodigal Son. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately not. Someone here quoted a response from Eureka concerning the HK cut and they won't bother including it because they consider it an "inferior" version of the movie.

1 hour ago, DiP said:

Unfortunately not. Someone here quoted a response from Eureka concerning the HK cut and they won't bother including it because they consider it an "inferior" version of the movie.

They are stupid. I personally think the added detective stuff really adds nothing to the movie. There's more added than just that, right?

DragonClaws
10 hours ago, reason108 said:

I think it is too soon for a classics thread! I highly doubt that Eureka are going to be releasing too many more of these films. We have a few King Hu and now Iron Monkey and Police Story. I could see them releasing a few more of the better known classics but highly doubt that they would be the new HKL and release those Golden Harvest Fortune Star films. If I`m wrong, cool. But, just can't imagine that Eureka would end up releasing titles like Iron Fisted Monk, Knockabout, Duel to the Death or even Prodigal Son. 

It would be even cooler to see them release stuff that HKL never got round to.

I will be keeping all my previous releases for sure. But, really looking forward to the new masters getting released.

• Like 1

This has been slipped under the rug a bit when the Police Story box set was announced. But, so glad that it got such an amazing review! Though, the uber fans are probably going to nitpick it to death but i’ve already committed with a pre-purchase. Really can’t wait to get this in my hands.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reason108 said:

I will be keeping all my previous releases for sure. But, really looking forward to the new masters getting released.

Yes me too, I've not seen the longer cut of PS2 but from what I understand it's not regarded as being a better version with the extra scenes not really adding much so i'll be keeping my HKL disc. I'm not fussed about the shorter version of PS 1 either.

• Like 1