The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

6 hours ago, Asmo said:

I was referring to the Ric Meyers commentary. No idea about any tracks that the HKL DVD had, as I've never owned it.

Thanks Asmo, listening to the trialer it sounds like the same dub. It's just been some years since I watched Drunken Master, must have watched it at least once a week in my teens.

I have to say, I cannot stand the new English dub. Not that I tend to watch dubbed anyway, but the original 'Sam Seed, Freddy Wong' Made in Hong Kong VHS was the first Jackie film I ever saw and so I have a soft spot for it. Also, why the hell hasn't Bey Logan recorded a commentary for this yet? I'll still be buying the Blu Ray, but it does seem intriguing.

2 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Bey Logan recorded a commentary for this yet?

I don't think Bey Logan was doing the commentaries for Hong Kong Legends, when they first released Drunken Master?. The same applys to their release of Snake In The Eagles Shadow too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I don't think Bey Logan was doing the commentaries for Hong Kong Legends, when they first released Drunken Master?. The same applys to their release of Snake In The Eagles Shadow too.

Ah right. Even so, of all the films I'd love to get his take on, this is probably top of the list! With a re-release you'd have thought they'd have contacted him about it.

Latest from Eureka re the English dub;

"Following on from Tuesday's announcement about our forthcoming release of DRUNKEN MASTER, we'd like to add that we are making every effort to include the preferred English language track, and are confident it will appear on the final disc."

I would've bought it regardless but now there's no reason for anybody to miss this.

• Like 5

Killer Meteor

Back in 2002, HKL posted that they would be doing Platinum Editions of this and SITES.

Kind of a shame Bey Logan isn't involved with this, but then Tony Rayns is great value too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Back in 2002, HKL posted that they would be doing Platinum Editions of this and SITES.

Kind of a shame Bey Logan isn't involved with this, but then Tony Rayns is great value too.

I remember this, they were supposed to be including an interview with Hwang Jang Lee that Mike Leeder did as an extra that as far as i'm aware has never been made available as obviously the intended platinum edition didn't happen, presumably Bey would've done a commentary too. Actually I know Mike comes on here now & again so if he sees this he could perhaps shed some light on the Hwang Jang Lee interview for us?

• Like 1

Deleted scene is likely same as one in soulblade disc of "dance of drunk mantis"?

sorry for n00b question I do not know is there more footage around which did not make to official release...

5 hours ago, andy338 said:

I remember this, they were supposed to be including an interview with Hwang Jang Lee that Mike Leeder did as an extra that as far as i'm aware has never been made available as obviously the intended platinum edition didn't happen, presumably Bey would've done a commentary too. Actually I know Mike comes on here now & again so if he sees this he could perhaps shed some light on the Hwang Jang Lee interview for us?

HKL/Contender 'lost' them (part of that HJL interview would have covered SITES too), if I recall. Big Mike posted/was asked about it on FB recently, maybe in relation to this disc.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
7 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

Deleted scene is likely same as one in soulblade disc of "dance of drunk mantis"?

sorry for n00b question I do not know is there more footage around which did not make to official release...

I think the "deleted scene" is a mini promo, note the animated text on it. There is a similar promo reel for Knockabout, and also Shaws' Three Styles of Hung Fist.

• Like 3

Just asked Eureka directly if they managed to track down the original dub for the release - and they said yes! Definitely cannot wait for this now!

Drunken Monk
On 3/16/2017 at 5:11 AM, Tex Killer said:

Amazon preorder price has dropped to human level...£19.99 felt too expensive, 12.99 is nice..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drunken-Master-Masters-Cinema-Blu-ray-x/dp/B06WVBRJ1L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489655453&sr=8-1&keywords=drunken+master

If you pre-order it (I just did), it drops in price even more. I got it for £10.83.

• Like 1

One of the classic kung fu films of all time, 4k remastered with the original Cantonese complete audio track and everyone is worried about the price? :monk_laughing:

We are really lucky that we are getting this with English subs at all. And, if they can deliver with all the other goodies they are promising, this should be selling for more. But, with that Ric Meyers commentary, well, they should take $5 off the price for having included that. :laugh

Back in the day, $20/25 USD would be the normal. I`m not rich either and a bargain is a bargain, but, hopefully at this price, they should sell buckets full. I was going to buy it anyways so now it is certainly a "no brainer" at that price. I just want to see the complete Cantonese audio track. We shall soon find out if they have come through for us on that. 

• Like 5

sifu iron perm
On 15/03/2017 at 9:03 AM, SamSeed said:

Just asked Eureka directly if they managed to track down the original dub for the release - and they said yes! Definitely cannot wait for this now!

when is this due for release?

edit

just saw it. And pre-ordered it.

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 3

Bad news, Eureka just posed on their Facebook page that the original dub will not be included due to ownership issues. Very, very annoying and there goes the last hope of us ever getting an official release of that dub.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Bad news, Eureka just posed on their Facebook page that the original dub will not be included due to ownership issues. Very, very annoying and there goes the last hope of us ever getting an official release of that dub.

Such a shame. I was really looking forward to revisiting that dub track again.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
14 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Such a shame. I was really looking forward to revisiting that dub track again.

have you checked out the Rescue custom edition? that includes the OG english dub.

Drunken Monk
57 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

have you checked out the Rescue custom edition? that includes the OG english dub.

Call me a snob, but I don't really do customs. I tend to lean towards legitimate releases. I know, I know I'm probably preventing myself from getting some nice, "definitive" versions of classics.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
10 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Bad news, Eureka just posed on their Facebook page that the original dub will not be included due to ownership issues.

Ownership issues, copyright laws etc etc are holding back a lot of stuff from getting a legit release.

• Like 2

muppetdanny
On 03/04/2017 at 10:04 AM, SamSeed said:

Oh nuts! I mostly likely will get this in the end either way.

• Like 1