Fist of Unicorn (1973)

mpm74

55 minutes ago, mpm74 said:

Not sure WHY, but yes, that definitely looks like Golden Harvest studios.

Like Shaw Brothers Studios, Golden Harvest might have made extra cash by renting out their soundstages to other companies.. When they were not being used for thier own productions?.

• Like 2

Whatever the debate over the merits of this movie are, it's an important genre film and needs a 2k restoration.My soulblade DVD doesn't cut the mustard.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

You're right, ShawAngela. Though some people on here like to act as experts while talking out of their ass.

Thank you for confirming but...I hope that the rest of your comment is made on a humoristic way, because if not, well, I'm sorry to say that it's not a very kind comment...Everybody can make a mistake, and I make mistakes too...

Sorry if my comment hurt you, it's just my opinion...

• Like 3

Left to right, Chin Ti, two ladies who's name I don't know, Unicorn Chan, Mar's, Bruce Lee, Tina Chin Fei (thanks to @ShawAngela), Yasuaki Kurata, Lai Man, Ricky Chik, Kitty Meng-Chui?, Ou-Yang De-Dong and Mang Hoi.

the-fist-of-unicorn-bruce-lee-master-mar

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
14 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Thank you for confirming but...I hope that the rest of your comment is made on a humoristic way, because if not, well, I'm sorry to say that it's not a very kind comment...Everybody can make a mistake, and I make mistakes too...

Sorry if my comment hurt you, it's just my opinion...

Not meant for you.

Killer Meteor

I suppose Bruce was aware he was being filmed - those 35mm cameras ain't titchy. Were his objections over him being billed as an actor in it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Killer Meteor said:

I suppose Bruce was aware he was being filmed - those 35mm cameras ain't titchy.

Good point, even a small hand held camera wasn't so easy to disguise.

He might have been aware of the cameras rolling?. Hard to say with so little of the BTS footage availbale to fan's. It's clear they filmed a lot more of him on-set. Why would he think the behind the scene's footage woud appear in the final film?.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

In the finished film, they have "Bruce" teaching Unicorn. So they got Bruce as an actor for free!

Only he wasnt willingly playing a role, they just inserted the random BTS shot's of him. They got his presence in the film, but not as willing performer/actor. There's no way he would have helped out, had he known what was in store. Just who plan was it, the Director?, Producer?, or someone who owned the Sing Hoi film company?.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I think the Bruce double is Mars, making him the first Bruce Lee clone!

I'm not sure which actor or stuntman donned the Bruce Lee style haircut  first?. I don't mean in temrs of stunmen, but actor's. Listening to Michael Worths Clone's Cast, he said Bruceploitation flicks were already being made in Asia while BL was alive.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 5:49 PM, DragonClaws said:

I'm not sure which actor or stuntman donned the Bruce Lee style haircut  first?. I don't mean in temrs of stunmen, but actor's. Listening to Michael Worths Clone's Cast, he said Bruceploitation flicks were already being made in Asia while BL was alive.

That's true, Philippines actor Ramon Zamora acted as Bruce in some Parody's like "The Pig Boss" and "Fish and Fury" while Bruce was alive

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DT-Nice1988 said:

That's true, Philippines actor Ramon Zamora acted as Bruce in some Parody's like "The Pig Boss" and "Fish and Fury" while Bruce was alive

Hi @DT-Nice1988, he might just have been the first person to do the BL cinematic sctick. He was at least doing Bruceploitation before Fist of Unicorn hit theatres in Hong Kong.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

I wonder what connection actor Chan Wai-Man had with this movie?. His can be seen meeting Bruce Lee at the Unicorn Fist press conference. Was he like Lee and Fan Mei-Sheng, just showing support for a friends production?. Strange that some of the promotional material for the film pastes Chan's head over Unicorn Chan's face. Even though he doesnt even have any kind of role in the production.

michael-chan-wai-man-bruce-lee-cheng-lui

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

That looks like an internet mock-up job, not an actual 70s still. Where did you find it?

Thats the only example I could find while doing a quick search, but I'm sure I have a few lobby cards/posters that feature the same picture.

I was first made aware of the image, when it appeared on the back of Eastern Heroes Top Fighter VHS release. Before I had acces to the internet and became more aware of Bruceploitation, the image really baffled me. The source of the picture is copied all over it, with the Watermark's. I'm positive it's a vintage copy and paste job, and not a an internet hoax.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

@Killer Meteor, here's another example of the faked Chan Wai-Man/Bruce Lee picture being used. Sure this poster's  is from the late 1970's?. Though I'm not sure if its actually promoting Fist of Unicorn?. As as most fans know, nearly all the Bruceploitation poster's borrowed art-work/images from each other.

Bruceploitation131.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1