What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray/UHD purchases?

Or Arm without Hammer...pork without beans...spick without span...Amos without Andy...Frick without Frack...

TheGrimReaper

I've recently bought the following:

Drunken Master

Bad Boys 1&2

S.W.A.T

SPL

Grand Collection of God of Gamblers (only the first two original movies with Chow Yun Fat)

Looking forward to the end of this month when I get paid, so can get more movies :)

Is that the Fukasaku crime set? If so, I had this in my hands some time ago. Chiba is a villain in some of these, right?

Chiba is in the Second movie and has one of the craziest parts in the whole series as he decides to get what he wants in whatever violent manner he has to(plus he loves to scratch his balls a lot:p), they bring back his character in the last one but unfortently it's played by someone else.

Elektra (good film, bought this mainly for the wife)

Yeah, not that you don't enjoy seeing Jennifer's fabulous backend in those tight pants the whole movie:D

I've only picked up

Heroes Two

Intimate confessions of a Chinese Courtesan(yet to watch)

Picked up Godzilla vs King Kong on vhs.

Waiting to pick up some to be released titles.

gravedigger666

On saturday;

Full Contact(HKL)

City On Fire(HKL)

Dragon From Russia(HKL)

City Hunter(HKL)

New One Armed Swordsman and Return OF 1-Armed Swordsman IVL`s should have been shipped to me today:)

Amos and Andrew

Raising Arizona

and

The Golden Girls seasons 5&6-- for the girlfriend, of course.

THE GOLDEN GIRLS is a funny show. I look at it from time to time on Lifetime. Sophia's the best:p

This past week:

The Master

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward (mainly for my son, but it's fun to watch and think back to when I was his age watching the original Turtles!!)

Also for those talking I agree totally about Caddeyshack and Rodney it's by far his best movie and has all the great lines. Chevy Chase also has some awesome scenes as well.

PsiKnifeKFT
I see this type of thread on other boards. I didn't see one here so I thought I'd start one. There's so many DVD's I want to buy, I can't remember them all and often forget some of them. I got these in the mail today...

NAVAJO JOE (MGM)

TRAIL OF BLOOD box set (Animego)

ZATOICHI box set (Animego)

Got these coming in the next couple of days...

CHEERS seasons 2,3, 5-7

Just picked up DVD 9 of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 collection. I have the entire series in digital files (250 Gigz at 700 mb per movie lol), but wanted the original DVD's. I would have bought DVD 10 as well, but Twilight Zone The Complete Definitive Collection just broke my bank last time out eshopping, so I'm saving pennies.

THE GOLDEN GIRLS is a funny show. I look at it from time to time on Lifetime. Sophia's the best:p

Echh. An unfortunate experiment in American television (to me at least). I realize it's a subjective / eye of the beholder argument, but that show was worse than Mama's Family to me. And that's pretty bad. I think I must owe this in part to being both gen-x, and male. Characteristics not typically linked to having an affinity for elderly women, and sitcoms written around them. Maybe I never gave the writing a chance, that I blame on being a kid, and then a teenager as the show aired.

On a side note: We're in unfaltering agreement over Cheers. Cheers was simply awesome. I'd happily revisit each episode as would friends. If for nothing else, to hear Cliff Clavin elaborately describe in detail a totally useless fact. The writing to the rapport and chemistry among the entire cast was really one of a kind.

I'm 25 and male, I think the show is quite funny-- Dorothy and Sofia especially. It's one of the few shows my girl likes that I actually like, even though I didn't think I would.

But, I do agree, Cheers is a classic

Also, because of TheManInWhite posting that Circuit City having a sale I went and picked up

Caddyshack-- haven't seen it before, but a few of you say its great sooo.

Pelcan Brief

Knight Rider season 1-- $14.99

Morgoth Bauglir

Best Buy finally got The Master in today. $12.99. I also got Married with Children season 6 at CD Tradepost.

PsiKnifeKFT
I'm 25 and male, I think the show is quite funny-- Dorothy and Sofia especially. It's one of the few shows my girl likes that I actually like, even though I didn't think I would.

But, I do agree, Cheers is a classic

Also, because of TheManInWhite posting that Circuit City having a sale I went and picked up

Caddyshack-- haven't seen it before, but a few of you say its great sooo.

Pelcan Brief

Knight Rider season 1-- $14.99

It's probably not a fair assessment, as everything I'm basing that opinion on is coming from the perspective of a 13 year old kid. Not exactly an NPOV lol. My friends would have lynched me for stopping on Golden Girls watching T.V back then.

oldeschool17
Best Buy finally got The Master in today. $12.99. I also got Married with Children season 6 at CD Tradepost.

Just saw that there. I picked up Zatoichi TV Series Box Set 2

Just picked up DVD 9 of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 collection. I have the entire series in digital files (250 Gigz at 700 mb per movie lol), but wanted the original DVD's. I would have bought DVD 10 as well, but Twilight Zone The Complete Definitive Collection just broke my bank last time out eshopping, so I'm saving pennies.

Where did you get your TZ complete collection? I bought mine from deepdiscount for only $136.00 which was the price for just one of those seasons by themselves. MST3K is good...sometimes. I wish they'd put TEENAGE STRANGLER on dvd already. That one was classic!

"Jimmy didn't do it! And he didn't steal no bike, neither!" That kid with the glasses was an absolute riot. And there rip on ATOR, THE BLADE MASTER was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Strangely, they showed this with different opening and ending credits under the title CAVE DWELLERS(??)

PsiKnifeKFT
Where did you get your TZ complete collection? I bought mine from deepdiscount for only $136.00 which was the price for just one of those seasons by themselves. MST3K is good...sometimes. I wish they'd put TEENAGE STRANGLER on dvd already. That one was classic!

"Jimmy didn't do it! And he didn't steal no bike, neither!" That kid with the glasses was an absolute riot. And there rip on ATOR, THE BLADE MASTER was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Strangely, they showed this with different opening and ending credits under the title CAVE DWELLERS(??)

Yeah as much as I love those guys (many episodes are hilarious *both the Movie (This Island Earth), Manos the Hands of Fate, and (lol) Samson vs. the Vampire Woman come to mind) I'd probably rather have the entire MST3K collection with no commentary or silhouettes each on a separate DVD. That's basically 175 (really bad) movies not including shorts, specials, the movie, or now infamous season O (KTMA TV).

You got a steal. I paid about $190.00 for my Twilight Zone collection, but I'm such a die-hard Serling loyalist, and long time TZ fan, that it was a really easy decision (I was sort of waiting for the entire collection to be packaged together for a few years).

In another thread I asked If you could only keep 3 from your Kung Fu collection, well if I could only keep 1 series, set or specific genre of my DVD's, it would be (without hesitation) my Twilight Zone collection. Though right now I have this insatiable appetite for 60's era Asian cinema (love the film stock in those days), so the few I have of those would probably need to come too lol.

I didn't know they released SAMSON VS THE VAMPIRE WOMEN! I love that movie! There was a DVD from Something Weird I think it was but it got pulled rather quickly because of problems with K. Gordon Murray. I was in hopes CasaNegra Entertainment would release it as they had done some stunning jobs releasing classic Mexi-horror but sales caused them to go out of business apparently.

Anyway, I caught SAMSON VS THE VAMPIRE WOMEN on the great 80s show, COMMANDER USA & HIS GROOVY MOVIES. He used to show lots of Mexi-horror and 70s Hammer movies double features. He would often show some serials as well. Do you have the MST3K book? I have one but don't remember seeing this film in there. I've look through it again.

Went through Walmarts 5$ bin

Eddie Murphy's Raw-- lost my copy

Rose Red

Tears of the Sun

Jeffersons Season 6-- the return of the original Lionel, yay:D

THE JEFFERSONS are great! I only got seasons 1-3. Got CHEERS seasons 2,3,5-7 yesterday. Working on an intermittent marathon right now. A shame season nine isn't the "complete season 9" as some music has been replaced on a couple of episodes. I hate that. Guess the studio didn't want to spring for the extra cash to use the original song (in this case 'I Fought the Law, and the Law Won') that played during the shows original airdate.

THE JEFFERSONS are great! I only got seasons 1-3. Got CHEERS seasons 2,3,5-7 yesterday. Working on an intermittent marathon right now. A shame season nine isn't the "complete season 9" as some music has been replaced on a couple of episodes. I hate that. Guess the studio didn't want to spring for the extra cash to use the original song (in this case 'I Fought the Law, and the Law Won') that played during the shows original airdate.

They did the same thing with Quantum Leap, in some ways it takes away from the episodes.

They've done the same thing with GOMER PYLE USMC save for the first season. The giveaway is always whether or not the word "complete" is on the dvd box.

With Quantum Leap I think it was just the first 3 seasons, but only on starting with season 3 did they put something on the box to say the original music soundtrack is missing. They have to know it is not gonna please fans, a lot of times the music is just as big a part of these shows as is the writing.

With Quantum Leap I think it was just the first 3 seasons, but only on starting with season 3 did they put something on the box to say the original music soundtrack is missing. They have to know it is not gonna please fans, a lot of times the music is just as big a part of these shows as is the writing.

Yeah, the GOMER PYLE sets and now the CHEERS season nine only say "the second, third, fourth season"(PYLE) or "the ninth season" (CHEERS) minus the word "complete". On the back there's a box that states some of the episodes are musically edited.

And as you say, it doesn't please fans. It irks me because it destroys the funniness of the scene especially if you remember a certain tune was playing that made the joke even more hilarious.

In last week and half got:

Tai Chi Boxer

Snake in Eagle's Shadow (collector's edition)

Warrior King

Once upon a time in high school