Radiance Films (UK) Blu-Ray Releases

Ronin

Glad to see that this title is selling very well for Radiance. Bodes well for future Japanese releases including Yakuza Graveyard. If you're on the fence, grab the limited edition while it's still in print.

Screenshot_2023-02-11 (1) Radiance Films ( FilmsRadiance) Twitter.png

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 6:52 PM, Yihetuan said:

Glad to see that this title is selling very well for Radiance. Bodes well for future Japanese releases including Yakuza Graveyard. If you're on the fence, grab the limited edition while it's still in print.

Screenshot_2023-02-11 (1) Radiance Films ( FilmsRadiance) Twitter.png

I loved it, but I hated the

Spoiler

sad fate of our hero

!

I should say the

Spoiler

unjust hero's fate. He tried his best to keep the peace and save his friend, but... as I said, what a sad

fate !

• Like 1

• Administrator
On 2/15/2023 at 3:26 PM, ShawAngela said:

I loved it, but I hated the

Reveal hidden contents

!

I should say the

Reveal hidden contents

fate !

@ShawAngela I hid the spoilers for those that haven't seen the movie yet. :wink

To use this feature simply highlight the part of your post that contains spoilers and click on the eyeball icon in the tool bar above the text box (between the quotation marks and the smiley symbol).

• Like 3

Yakuza Graveyard is now up for pre-order from the Radiance Films shop. Amazon & diabolikdvd.

https://www.radiancefilms.co.uk/products/yakuza-graveyard-le

https://www.amazon.com/Yakuza-Graveyard-Limited-Tetsuya-Watari/dp/B0BVGWBZ1Z/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?crid=1811REV4AOCF2&keywords=yakuza+graveyard+blu+ray&qid=1676944568&sprefix=yakuza+graveyard%2Caps%2C463&sr=8-1-fkmr1

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/yakuza-graveyard-us-radiance-films-le-blu-ray-all-region-preorder/

Those that ordered Big Time Gambling Boss directly from Radiance also received a special A4 sized "Dirty Arthouse" fanzine with Takashi Miike on the cover. Wonder if this one will come with any surprises? Also this blu ray also contains an "easter egg" - curious about that as well.

FpPQe-xXEAEWvTA.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

That's gotta mean a Miike film from Radiance in the near future, right? I know Arrow does this sometimes, with little cards inside the cases signalling upcoming releases, sometimes which haven't been revealed yet.

• Like 2

Super Ninja
19 hours ago, TheMuffinMan656 said:

Masterpiece, super exciting news! I've only seen the 1st, how are the 2 sequels?

Not as great.

On 2/21/2023 at 2:45 AM, Yihetuan said:

Yakuza Graveyard is now up for pre-order from the Radiance Films shop. Amazon & diabolikdvd.

https://www.radiancefilms.co.uk/products/yakuza-graveyard-le

https://www.amazon.com/Yakuza-Graveyard-Limited-Tetsuya-Watari/dp/B0BVGWBZ1Z/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?crid=1811REV4AOCF2&keywords=yakuza+graveyard+blu+ray&qid=1676944568&sprefix=yakuza+graveyard%2Caps%2C463&sr=8-1-fkmr1

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/yakuza-graveyard-us-radiance-films-le-blu-ray-all-region-preorder/

Those that ordered Big Time Gambling Boss directly from Radiance also received a special A4 sized "Dirty Arthouse" fanzine with Takashi Miike on the cover. Wonder if this one will come with any surprises? Also this blu ray also contains an "easter egg" - curious about that as well.

FpPQe-xXEAEWvTA.jpg

I ordered Big... from radiance almost right after they announced the movie, and I'm almost sure that I didn't receive this. I'll have to check my dvd to verify, but this doesn't rign a bell at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I ordered Big... from radiance almost right after they announced the movie, and I'm almost sure that I didn't receive this. I'll have to check my dvd to verify, but this doesn't rign a bell at all.

well from what I heard, those A4 fanzines weren't ready when the first preorders were fulfilled. So unfortunately for you and the others who preordered your copy right when it was announced did not get a copy. In fairness, Radiance should've sent all the pre-orders a copy once they had them but guessing it was cost prohibitive to ship them again separately.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
8 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I'll have to check my dvd to verify, but this doesn't rign a bell at all.

I'm afraid @Yihetuan is correct, the booklet wasn't an inlay to the Blu-ray due to its size, so if you received it you'd definitely know.

Boss.thumb.jpg.c17190fb7fb753f962d638494bd0298c.jpg

• Like 2

Super Ninja

I'm so getting that! Absolutely love this movie. Missed my chance to see this restored version on the big screen, this will be a fine consolation, thank you Radiance.

• Like 2

Super Ninja
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I thought L'Immagine Ritrovata was doing the whole shebang but apparently only the restoration as Louis Koo's One Cool is doing the color grading for A Moment of Romance.

https://www.onecool.com/one-cool-production/

First Warriors of Future, now One Cool, I have a newfound respect for Louis Koo. 

• Like 3

On 5/3/2023 at 4:49 PM, Drunken Monk said:

MOR.png

Time to rewatch this movie. I remember not liking it the first time due to Andy Lau but I've since then grown alot on him.

• Like 1

On the Radiance release of Yakuza Graveyard there is mention of an "easter egg" so I finally got around to watching this and the "easter egg" is an extra "hidden" interview that runs about 4 mins long with director, Kazuya Shiraishi who discusses the influence of Kinji Fukusaku on his own work, Blood of Wolves. This is separate from the longer 15 min interview he does talking about the film & is not on the menu options.

Screenshot_2023-05-16 Radiance Films ( FilmsRadiance) Twitter.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

legendarycurry

This is gonna sound shallow as hell and very nitpicky, but yo, the A Moment of Romance package design from Radiance is not it.

The choice to have the blurb on the front with weird spacing, font and punctuation, and the odd ethereal art film-evoking cover art is a turnoff, as it feels misrepresentative This is a triad action teen romance with cantopop montages, not Fallen Angels or whatever else film students think all HK cinema is. Even compared to something like As Tears Go By this is more accessible. No hate to the artist though, they were commissioned and this is what Radiance wanted

I will still buy it because the disc I owned was of dubious legality (mainland bootleg vibes and the alt title "If Sky Have Love") and it wouldn't even play properly in some players before it was left at a friends house and I never saw it again.  

The choice to namedrop Miike and WKW is certainly a choice in the cover blurb...

I hope the reversible sleeve is an indication something better is available, I'd even take the "JoJo held hostage" cover over that.

• Like 1

Darth Kermit
On 5/31/2023 at 4:33 PM, legendarycurry said:

I hope the reversible sleeve is an indication something better is available, I'd even take the "JoJo held hostage" cover over that.

I'm sure the reversible will be a theatrical poster or something, with a little colored border, just like with Yakuza Graveyard and Big Time Gambling Boss.

Edited by Darth Kermit
  • Like 3

One Armed Boxer
On 6/1/2023 at 9:33 AM, legendarycurry said:

The choice to namedrop Miike and WKW is certainly a choice in the cover blurb...

Yeah that also got a raised eyebrow from me. I'm sure it'll be both the first and last time we see a Benny Chan movie getting compared to Miike Takashi.

• Like 2