They are action figures not dolls.....

gorhama

OldPangYau that Watchmen wall is beyond awesome!!

I can't wait to see more pics of other people's collections as well.

Totally awesome!!

I might try to get some shots of the incomplete/work-in-progress collections too :tongue:

• Administrator
I agree with what KF Bob wrote. Enterbay's figures are totally amazing. I will say HOT TOYS out of HK are also really good. Their sculpters are amazing!!

Hey Bob if you are having trouble posting pics, you could try and e-mail them to me and I could see if I can post them for you. If you want...I'm sure myself and everyone else wants to see the hopping Vampire!!!!! :bigsmile:

Yes, Hot Toys are aptly named!

Thanks for the offer bro- I'll send some pics to you and you can give it a shot.

I love action figures, but don't have any. jrcma--yours are awesome! My wife would think I've gone off the deep end if I bought some. Actually, she already thinks that! :ooh: I guess I shoud just CHIBA UP! :xd:

Wives are the mortal enemies of action figures! :xd:They don't get it, and they don't know how to handle them. When I got a Jackie Chan "My Stunts" figure (made by Dragon) my wife was like "Wow, this is pretty cool." CRACK! Broken. She had it in her hands for literally around 30 seconds before she had snapped his wrist. :tinysmile_angry2_t: It is poseable in about a hundred different ways, but she bends it the one way that it doesn't bend! :sad: I also used to have this cool motion activated 6" Godzilla figure that I kept on the dashboard of my car. When bad drivers would do something annoying, I would make him roar in defiance. :nerd: It always made me laugh. But... he doesn't roar no more. Nor does he have a tail! Yes... wives... the mortal enemies of action figures. :cry:

I try to keep it minimal, and sold a lot of stuff, but I've got about 5 or 6 Japanese vinyl Kotobukiya Star Wars statues of villains, as well as a BIG figure of "The Bride" from Kill Bill - I think it's 18 inches. Other than that, lots of books and DVDs and framed prints and weapons taking up room. I used to have tons of statues and busts but was running out of room quickly.

Nice! My friend has a nice collection of those Kotobukiya Star Wars statues, so I've had the chance to really check them out. Very cool.

Great sculpt on that "Bride" figure too. Isn't that a figure that has sound FX? What phrases does it say?

There is only one thing I require of my action figures and that is that they can stand on their own. Just stand there. Is that too much to ask? yes, apparently, because few of mine can stand without falling over at the slightest vibration. sheeeesh

Hey this is a link to a really, really good Bruce Lee action figure video. He gets the Bruce moves quite well.

All of my 12" figures have a "you will stand you little SOB" modification. I tie a piece of invisible line (fishing line string) around their waists, under the clothing, that comes out behind them and is thumbtacked to the back wall of the shelf. It's like an action figure lifeline! LOL Then I set them standing in a cool pose, but leaning ever so slightly outward. It looks cool, like they're ready to spring into action, because they don't look like they could stay that way- but they do. :nerd: Yeah, I'm a super nerd and proud of it. I'm basically the 40 year old virgin, but without my virginity! :xd:

I have lots of old Star Wars but most recently I have lots of Reservoir Dogs, Grindhouse,Kill Bill, and a Chow Yun Fat collection. I've been looking for the ideal means to display these since forever. My daughter plays with Jackie Chan, Michelle Yeoh, Mr. Blond, and Mr. Brown with her Barbies. She doesn't have any Ken dolls. I think she wound up with Bruce Lee as well. The rest are mostly still in the boxes. I just happened to have double of Brown and Blonde and she really wanted Michelle Yeoh and Jackie Chan.

I will try to post some pictures. The Chow Yun Fat figures are awesome!

"All of my 12" figures have a "you will stand you little SOB" modification. I tie a piece of invisible line (fishing line string) around their waists, under the clothing, that comes out behind them and is thumbtacked to the back wall of the shelf. It's like an action figure lifeline! LOL Then I set them standing in a cool pose, but leaning ever so slightly outward. It looks cool, like they're ready to spring into action, because they don't look like they could stay that way- but they do. Yeah, I'm a super nerd and proud of it. I'm basically the 40 year old virgin, but without my virginity! "

Last edited by KUNG FU BOB; 09-11-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Excellent. Smithers, see to it right away.

A great tip for one and all action figure nerds like us. I shall implement the idea, toute d'suite. Thank's.

• Administrator

Excellent. Smithers, see to it right away.

A great tip for one and all action figure nerds like us. I shall implement the idea, toute d'suite. Thank's.

Yes Mr. Burns. As always, it's my pleasure to serve you. :bigsmile:

• Administrator
those are some ill figures from the Shaw Bros. I am going to get my hands on them. Is that the link to them at the bottom of the pictures?

These were supposed to have come out months ago. Though I still see them on eBay for "pre-order", I don't know anyone that actually owns them or has even seen them in person. Gorhama went to a big convention recently, and thought he'd find them there. But nothing. So I don't know what the story is. But I was burned once on a "pre-order" for AFRO SAMURAI figures I bought on eBay, then never received, so I don't do the pre-order thing anymore. By the time you realize that you're being ripped off, it's too late to process a claim against the seller. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

If anyone actually has these, can you let us know in this thread?

I have even checked the NECA website and they don't have a link to purchase them like they do with the other collections and stuff like that.

I hope beyond hope these will come out sooner or later. either that or I'll have to sharpen my sclupting skills and make my own.....dammit!!!

thank Kungfu BOB there are a couple of specialty comic stores here I am going pay them a visit, I don't want to pre order, I want to see them in front of me before I by them. I am going to by them all, I will have Shaw Studios on my book shelf. YEAH

I'm not a big toy guy, but these samurai rendition figures are so cool. Really wouldnt mind grabbing the Deadpool and Darth Maul onesThe Vader and Trooper ones are okay, but I prefer their regular attire over that look. Probably because theyre already armored, no reason to make their attire bulker and oriental in my opinion (space armour works better).  (Darth Maul package photo is low res, but poses are great)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 4

These Bruce Lee figures are quite cool, I actually kind of like them. Really not into poppy character design (ie: funko pops, dorbz) however the graffiti influenced style is unique and interesting.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Many years ago in the dealers room at a San Diego Comic-Con, I saw an action figure for The  One-Armed Swordsman, Fang Kang from the Shaw Brothers movie.  The figure was only available by ordering it from Hong Kong.  I sent off a money order to Hong Kong, but by the time it arrived there, the company that made the figure had moved, the Fang Kang figure had sold out, and the only one left was of the villain, the Long-Armed Devil, which I didn't want. 

The image below may be copyright by sideshowcollectors.com -

Image result for one armed swordsman action figure images

• Like 3

Went to Gamestop and saw this Summoned Skull figure. Ended up having to go back and get it after initially not thinking I would buy it :P. Also picked up this micro Avengers Infinity Gauntlet poster from the checkout.

Couldnt help but destroy the packaging on it :/. Kind of hurt me to do, but I bought it with plans of helping support my Misfits figure that I also picked up recently. 

76647A53-7B19-4DF5-8AAE-29C1147991B7.jpeg

5DC419C9-187A-4A82-BB5D-EDB989500F20.jpeg

• Like 2

Hmm....

I have quite a few action figures on my walls, mostly Star Wars. And I also collect and make Miniatures because I'm really into Tabletop Role-Playing Games. 

• Like 2

I used to think these things were retarded, look at me now. This screenshot is actually hilarious to me when I see how ridiculous it is. Ill post some pics when I get a few.

image.png

• Like 1

TheFlyingPanda

90% of the action figures or statues I have on my Shelves and in my office or art studio are Martial arts related. Even the Marvel or DC comics Characters are Martial artist like Iron Fist, Electra, Daredevil, Katana or Nightwing. Ninja turtles. A transformer, soldier or cartoon character here and there. Also A while back NECA was gonna sell those Shaw Brothers figures, what happened?

961fa66abfef4f9694caf9ac19314c9dlg.pngABBOT2.jpgTOSHENG2.jpg36th-chamber.jpg

Edited by TheFlyingPanda
misspelling, spacing
  • Like 5

Actually picked up one of those BL figures!

Both of these cost nearly the exact same amount, unfortunately lol. Saw the ghost displayed in a stand at a two street wide booth fair-day in a local town. Didnt buy it there but couldnt stop thinking about it, so ordered it off their website. Its a twist on traditional polish pottery. Figured Id throw it in the pic since we here have a high appriciation for art from other countries (and before december began and was even more irrelevant). 

EADFB365-3198-44CF-958A-E9EE3C94FA49.jpeg

• Like 3