The Top Ten Must Own Shaws

Guest Markgway

You know I would have initially agreed with you about Fu Sheng, would have made it feel more unmistakably A-class for sure. But I think Wong Yue fits the role better in retrospect... carries the naiveness of the role better. Fu Sheng did cocky young swordsman (umbrellasman here perhaps) more bolshily than the leadable naivity that suits this character brought well into play by Wong Yue. Best role I've seen from/for him possibly.

I actually prefer Wong Yue more so in the Proud Youth, that was a pretty good serious role for him. Wong Yue defeating Chen Kuan Tai at the end of Rendezvous just didn't seem right...or possible, lol.

Well, he didn't actually take out CKT at the end of Rendezvous, he was playing it nervous in part. Wong Yue weren't the one who finished him. Proud Youth was alright, but I like cocky naive umbrella style more than toilet sword style somewhat.

I'd have to watch again, I actually can't remember how Rendezvous ended. But if he beat him with trickery that would make more sense, I do recall liking that end fight better than vs Ti lung in Opium.

8 diagram Pole Fighter

Human Lanterns

Bells of Death

Shit it just took me an hour to come up with those last two choices.

lol. Iknow what you mean. After 8 Diagram, I had to actually think. For me, it is the best of the genre.

And, how good is Human Lanterns, it is one of those movies I skip over when i'm picking up movies.

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Vengeance!

Human Lanterns (Im a Horror fan)

I tried to mix a bit of variety in. If I had to choose only three, I would want them to be different types of films. I coulda easily just gone with 3 random Pop's flix (HOTE, 36 Chambers 1-3, COTWL, LWOC, MMKF, ect....)

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

"how good is Human Lanterns, it is one of those movies I skip over when i'm picking up movies."

your missing out on a good movie.

If pick 3 most boring shaw kf`s it would get at least one vote:)

Nice one sd.

BTW:

my #1 is better than your #2 - because I choose it as #1 XD

my #2 is better than your #3 - because Fu Sheng rules ;)

my #3 is better than your #1 - because you didn't share your rice wine with us. :P

:monkey12

The Amazing Psycho Per

Alright... I hard a really hard time since I'm not one to play favorite so here it goes...

8 Diagram pole fighter: That was the easiest choice, a no contest. Philip Ko Fei vs Gordon Liu: Best pole fight ever.

Crippled Avengers: The movie that made me discover the Venoms. Awesome acrobatic fights.

Shaolin Prince: I juggled a while for the third place... So much canditate. In the end, I decided to go with an underdog. I knew very little about it going in this movie and I was blown away. By far imo the most underrated Shaw out there. Tang Chia's best work.

kungfusamurai
A top 3 most boring Shaws sounds like a fun idea to. Let me pick out 3 Chor Yuen Films to complete this list, lol.

Yeah, except I wouldn't be able to pick just 3.

KFS