What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray/UHD purchases?

On 11/25/2022 at 6:20 PM, Super Ninja said:

Vol 2 arrived!

These monumental releases now have an alter they deserve. Buddha blessed us with these releases, looking forward to 2023!

IMG_20221125_172922.jpg

IMG_20221125_173022.jpg

Probably the best looking shrine I've ever seen. And dusted too!

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 11/27/2022 at 10:30 AM, Yggdrasil said:

Probably the best looking shrine I've ever seen. And dusted too!

Thanks!! 

It shows huh? You're a very good observer. With the little free time I've got, when it comes to choosing between watching a movie or dusting, guess what takes the priority.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 11/18/2022 at 5:09 PM, Super Ninja said:

You're in for a gruesome treat. You are aware this one's heavy on animal cruelty? 

Well....I'm halfway through Jungle holocaust which is set in the jungles of Mindanao island, Philippines. The tutle scene in both Cannibal Holocaust & Cannibal Ferox wasn't that bad compared to seeing a croc or alligator getting knocked out by a stone axe, then stabbed through the back of the neck by a stone knife, then cut down till the base of the tail, armoured skin flapped open to reveal the still beating heart.

All I said out loud was...f**king....hell. It's put me off my paella (although crocodile does taste good. I had crocodile pizza in Australia lol)

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

21 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Well....I'm halfway through Jungle holocaust which is set in the jungles of Mindanao island, Philippines. The tutle scene in both Cannibal Holocaust & Cannibal Ferox wasn't that bad compared to seeing a croc or alligator getting knocked out by a stone axe, then stabbed through the back of the neck by a stone knife, then cut down till the base of the tail, armoured skin flapped open to reveal the still beating heart.

All I said out loud was...f**king....hell. It's put me off my paella (although crocodile does taste good. I had crocodile pizza in Australia lol)

Good one, not as good as CH or Ferox, but definitely worth watching if you're into cannibal movies. But yeah, animal cruelty is about as integral of an ingredient in these films as black gloves are in giallo movies. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Good one, not as good as CH or Ferox, but definitely worth watching if you're into cannibal movies. But yeah, animal cruelty is about as integral of an ingredient in these films as black gloves are in giallo movies. 

I agree, it's not as good as CH or Ferox. I wouldn't say I'm into cannibal films. I just like tribal people having met some tribes on my stint in Asia. The Eban people of Borneo for example that live in long houses, the Hmong of the golden triangle, Bahnar of Kon Tum and various other tribal Montagnard of Viet Nam, as well as the Mon in Myanmar and the ex-head hunters in Kalinga  Philippines. None obviously cannibals.

I do also like the film based on a true story, about the Uruguayan rugby team's plane crash in the Andes and the survivors had to make a grim choice to stay alive and seek help.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 2

Arrived. Ebola syndrome blu to replace my DVD, with Zu Warriors and Bride with White Hair.

20221201_141008.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 4

Ordered this on HMV but can't remember how I come to search for it. Anyway even though it was by 88 films, nowt on their website about it, just to clear up details. So I'm perplexed as to why 88 films released the same film, a year apart with different covers and different names. For only a tenner each I can't grumble. If only it was on their website, I would be able to see it was the same film.

And another cannibal movie, this time Vietnam war related. 

20221202_135954.jpg

20221129_185241.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/1/2022 at 8:28 AM, Yggdrasil said:

I agree, it's not as good as CH or Ferox. I wouldn't say I'm into cannibal films. I just like tribal people having met some tribes on my stint in Asia. The Eban people of Borneo for example that ling on long houses, the Hmong of the golden triangle, Bahnar of Kon Tum and various other tribal Montagnard of Viet Nam, as well as the Mon in Myanmar and the ex head hunters in Kalinga  Philippines. Nkne obviously cannibals.

I do also like the film based on a true story, about the Uruguayan rugby team's plane crash in the Andes and the survivors had to make a grim choice to stay alive and seek help.

Seems you've traveled all over Asia, I know now who to message if I decide to explore the less familiar/more exotic places. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Seems you've traveled all over Asia, I know now who to message if I decide to explore the less familiar/more exotic places. 

Take your pick from Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Taiwan & Philippines 

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

12 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Take your pick from Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea & Philippines 

Been to Malaysia and Philippines, need to go again. Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, China, South Korea and HK are on my list, hope I'll get to visit those places.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Received the last two (that I know of and watched before) of the Mr Vampire series on blu to replace my Chinese DVDs. No doubt they will have stupid on purpose or not caring speling mistakes and until they get a proper western release, these will do.  Do like the bare bones thin blu ray boxes as opposed to the bulky UK ones even though it still contains 1 disc.

Mr Vampire saga 4 and Vampire vs Vampire. Don't know where the DVD of Mr Vampire 2 is though. Doesn't matter now I suppose.

Just arrived. The dvd came a week ago or so but damaged box. So had to buy a smaller 4 disc box and cut the dvd cover to fit. - Fight Quest discovery documentary.

Different martial arts from Philippines, China, Japan, Korea, France, Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil, Israel, USA, Thailand, India, Hong Kong.

An Amazon delivery of Black Magic 1 by 88 films. I suppose now I can watch this before Black Magic 2.

20221203_091806.jpg

20221203_091914.jpg

20221203_105235.jpg

20221203_105609.jpg

20221204_171248.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 6