What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray/UHD purchases?

Pre-ordered Eureka's Cinematic Vengeance (The 7 Grandmasters, The 36 Deadly Styles, The World of Drunken Master, The Old Master, Shaolin Kung Fu, The Shaolin Kids, 18 Bronzemen, and Return of the 18 Bronzemen) BD box.

• Like 6

Picked this up at Wal-Mart

91W2u594QEL._SL1500_.jpg

Includes the original SatB trilogy and the four made-for-TV prequel films in the 1990s which starred Brian Bloom as Bandit and Brian Krause as Cletus with Hal Needham directing all but the third official film, with Dick Lowry replacing him. Needham did direct the four prequel films for TV.

• Like 5

Got a few more over the last week or so. Finally picked copies of Sin City and 300. Being such a big fan of Frank Miller’s work, I don’t know why it took me so long to get them. Also got the final season of Bates Motel.Finally, I found a brand new copy of “The Man with the Iron Fists” for cheap in an Antique and collectibles store. Been wanting to see it for a while, so I’m looking forward to seeing how it is. 

FF53A171-D203-4E0E-AEFC-F38478F49C60.jpeg

9FAACC76-5B93-483F-AE2D-54239ED9DA6B.jpeg

997EDDBE-6087-41C1-B6FA-536736AA3179.jpeg

54D941E9-9382-4B7C-987C-A773F12621F0.jpeg

Edited by DarthKato
  • Like 5

Duel to the Death

I bought this and didn't buy this at the same time. I was looking for the Shaw Brothers 4 Pack that has the movie The Loot. I wanted to see it and i thought $5 was worth it. But instead they sent me this. They used stock art in the listing. But i think i'll keep it. It looks pretty cool and i don't think i've seen some of these. I'm not expecting good quality. 

Vxr4LsZ.jpg

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Iron_Leopard

My first ever IVL dvds came in today. I'm getting close to collecting all of Chin Pings (my favorite actress) martial arts movies.

20210812_180208.jpg

• Like 10

Found this for a great deal!!! Glad I found it!! I would have preferred the Limited Zaavi Steelbook but it is way too expensive now that it has sold out. One of my all time favorites!!!!✔✔✔👊👊👊👍👍👍

20210813_133443~2.jpg

• Like 3

ZenkaigerBat

Worth the money well spent buying this edition from Eureka.  This cover i do prefer over the new cover they did recently for it's 30th anniversary.  I like the likeness and realism of each actor in the cover instead of looking like cartoon characters to be honest.  

The audio commentary is much better, much funnier and entertaining than you know who's commentary on the HKL DVD from the early 2000's.  The special features are interesting to watch about the history of Wong Fei-Hung. All the discs work with no issues at all.

20210814_191435.jpg

• Like 6

Castle Keep(1969)

Platoon(1986)

La Curarcha(1998)

Wind Chill(2007)

Dead Silence(2007)

Shrooms(2007)

Machete Kills(2014)

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood(2019)

• Like 2

ZenkaigerBat

Got  A Better Tomorrow II from Yes Asia.

I liked the likeness of the art of Chow Yun-Fat and Leslie Cheung in the cover.

20210816_203340.jpg

• Like 5

Am stoked this finally got an official Blu-Ray release!!! Coming in tomorrow!

91RIihtBwKL._SL1500_.jpg

Oh and get this, the distribution company, Utopia, was founded by Robert Schwartzman (Jason's brother and former actor/leader of band Rooney). His father Jack was the executive producer of this very film. Of course, his mother Talia Shire is in the film as well.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 5