Tokyo Vice (2022) HBOMax - Ansel Elgort, Ken Watanabe

laagi

5 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

When are Samantha and Erika going to get it on. I'm still waiting!

Democratic Debate Tom Steyer GIF by Election 2020

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, laagi said:

Democratic Debate Tom Steyer GIF by Election 2020

Knowing my luck, S3 will be the last and later it'll come out what was planned for a fourth season, and yep that'll be one of the things!

Oh and I reckon Emi's bro is gonna kill her or her bf.

I'm still so disappointed at that Hayama/Sato showdown! How fucking lame! Still hate Kaito the little shit!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Knowing my luck, S3 will be the last and later it'll come out what was planned for a fourth season, and yep that'll be one of the things!

There will be no season 3 mark my word. Sadly...

Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN

• Sad 1

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

I wonder if the real Adelstein pushed for Elgort to wear gloves and the makers where like 'FUCK NO!' :D

Though Elgort has his own style which I guess could be his version of 'gloves'........................

1.jpg.51b002dba4bda5697a0d3c20ba57c0a1.jpg

:dull

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I wonder if the real Adelstein pushed for Elgort to wear gloves and the makers where like 'FUCK NO!' :D

Though Elgort has his own style which I guess could be his version of 'gloves'........................

1.jpg.51b002dba4bda5697a0d3c20ba57c0a1.jpg

:dull

Is that from his OF account? Asking for a friend. Also...

wtf-did-i-just-watch-wtf.gif

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Is that from his OF account? Asking for a friend. Also...

wtf-did-i-just-watch-wtf.gif

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952appy4bzpaedpjhdyya7

1 hour ago, laagi said:

I mean there's still this shadow hanging over Ansel. Maybe something that will eventually catch up to him?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/rachel-zegler-addresses-sexual-assault-203136587.html

Oh damn I had no idea about that! It's nearly April and nothing seems to have come out of it so...........................

37 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952appy4bzpaedpjhdyya7

sexy harry belafonte GIF

38 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Oh damn I had no idea about that! It's nearly April and nothing seems to have come out of it so...........................

It's actually old news afaik. So looks like he was able to dodge it so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I'd go gay for Sato.

Who the F wouldn't honestly :laugh I call dips...

gays-gays-fighting.gif

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
6 minutes ago, laagi said:

Who the F wouldn't honestly :laugh I call dips...

gays-gays-fighting.gif

Errrrr you can dip whatever you like but I call DIBS on Sato!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952le9rl8aj2v3jdf97w33

• Haha 1

Just now, PandaPawPaw said:

Errrrr you can dip whatever you like but I call DIBS on Sato!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952le9rl8aj2v3jdf97w33

Move Over Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

PandaPawPaw
2 minutes ago, laagi said:

Move Over Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

5fa07d7f-7a9f-4aa6-b059-93548ffa32e7_tex

Just like I respect those boobies!?

darthmall74-1149201.gif

• Buddha Bless You 1

29 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

darthmall74-1149201.gif

Dude you can't do this to me late at night. I was literally falling of my lazy boy with Bud Light in hand...

ffd1e7c2-11d2-4ade-afc4-ba42a7048920_tex

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
10 hours ago, laagi said:

Dude you can't do this to me late at night. I was literally falling of my lazy boy with Bud Light in hand...

ffd1e7c2-11d2-4ade-afc4-ba42a7048920_tex

I don't even want to know who the lazy boy is and what you've got in your hand...................

snacks-lazy.gif

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
On 3/28/2024 at 3:59 PM, laagi said:

Hell Yeah Gets Excited High Kick GIF

Now THAT is how you build up tension! Jesus F*cking Christ :rofl This latest episode was terrific! Probably my favorite one so far. Everything is dialed up to 11 at this point and you just wait for shit to REALLY hit the fan!

Tozawa tries to clean house with the last remnants of resistance that will give him absolute immunity. Samantha is still a dick for not telling Erika but hey at least she finally seems to become useful to the plot. Tin Tin the poor bastard but you could literally see that coming.

The entire sub-plot with Maruyama's brother is now at a point where it's just infuriating! I was literally screaming at the screen.

I really hope they can close this with a bang because as I said I doubt this will be renewed. Although truth be told it somewhat would feel rushed to tie up all loose ends in just a 50 minute episode. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Agree with all that! I give no shits about Maruyama's annoying whiny ass brother. Someone kill him already!

I didn't see the Tin Tin bit coming though the way he had became a sulky bitch, I am kind of glad he's gone!

michael-myers-practicing-my-stabbing.gif

I'm so worried about Katagiri and his family! I have a real bad feeling that his family will be the ones to suffer and not him like I originally thought.

Samantha and Erika please just get it on already! Stop teasing me!

When Tozawa saw Samantha/Misaki outside Jakes place, I was legit going RUUUUUUN!

I still hate the forced English by some of the Japanese cast who struggle a bit. I'd rather they just speak in Japanese.

Katagiri's car is pretty cool! Not like the usual bangers they drive.

1.thumb.jpg.bd7ea151033da3caa95c3667e4b881b7.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.272dec0eab13e58c2bd6449fbc8194fc.jpg

Ah Erika! So cute!

5.thumb.jpg.839d145cd474f34bd226f33ea82d3e3b.jpg

Tozawa buns which I'm sure @laagi loved seeing. I gotta say the tattoos in this series are on point!

4.thumb.jpg.d5f9910d4c4967f89c38a4a436f91359.jpg

One of these guys is a nutjob................................

6.thumb.jpg.92b8f84157ccd4658dc354c360339849.jpg

I actually wouldn't mind a 4th series. Yeah while it's not perfect, it is watchable and has some good moments.

• Buddha Bless You 1

Tozawa buns which I'm sure @laagi loved seeing. I gotta say the tattoos in this series are on point!

squishy-girl-cheek-pinch.gif

I do like the tattoos as well but honestly the one in the intro always throws me off. Just doesn't fit IMHO.

I didn't see the Tin Tin bit coming though the way he had became a sulky bitch, I am kind of glad he's gone!

Well technically he's still alive. Was kind of weird that suddenly he's back on board with Jake!? Some of the characters on this show keep doing complete 180's and it's annoying af.

I'm so hyped to watch the last episode actually. Please be good!

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
31 minutes ago, laagi said:

squishy-girl-cheek-pinch.gif

I do like the tattoos as well but honestly the one in the intro always throws me off. Just doesn't fit IMHO.

Well technically he's still alive. Was kind of weird that suddenly he's back on board with Jake!? Some of the characters on this show keep doing complete 180's and it's annoying af.

I'm so hyped to watch the last episode actually. Please be good!

How do you mean fit? The style of the tattoo?

Yeah I didn't like how Tins went from pissed off back to buddy buddy with Jake. The makers seem to forget a lot of the characters emotions at times.

I do think the Maruyama storyline is messy as fuck and takes up unnecessary space.

The flow compared to S1 has been much better though.

Yeah I hope the potential final ep is solid!

Sato and Erika FTW! Piss off Samantha!

973bdf53d54e710305b33ce6e94d281d24026af9

• Buddha Bless You 1

7 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

How do you mean fit? The style of the tattoo?

Yeah that merger with the city and the dragon I really don't like it. But I guess that's just me.

7 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I do think the Maruyama storyline is messy as fuck and takes up unnecessary space.

Her brother is just a pos period! Mental health or not the guy literally tried to kidnap a damn Kid, I mean WTF!

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
23 minutes ago, laagi said:

Yeah that merger with the city and the dragon I really don't like it. But I guess that's just me.

Her brother is just a pos period! Mental health or not the guy literally tried to kidnap a damn Kid, I mean WTF!

Maruyama needs to either shit or get off the pot regarding her brother. Kick him the fuck out! The fact we're almost 20 eps in and that crap is still going on with little progress gets on my nerves.

The makers tried give too many characters storylines but couldn't keep up with them all in S1 and so S2 is bogged down with stupid shit.

I did like how Tozawa's wife is now going to go against him. Hopefully that means that twat dies.

• Buddha Bless You 1

13 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Maruyama needs to either shit or get off the pot regarding her brother. Kick him the fuck out! The fact we're almost 20 eps in and that crap is still going on with little progress gets on my nerves.

The makers tried give too many characters storylines but couldn't keep up with them all in S1 and so S2 is bogged down with stupid shit.

I did like how Tozawa's wife is now going to go against him. Hopefully that means that twat dies.

The last episode is literally titled 'Endgame' haven't watched it yet. I'm supposed to be working :yociexp100: But yeah take that as you will. 

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

So the final ep and yeah it wasn't amazing. I found it way to neat and proper with everything being solved without any tension or mishaps!

Some notes: (SPOILERS)

Spoiler

I was real worried for Katagiri at the beginning with the Yakuza right behind him! I love Katagiri's car. Also his family was just forgotten about.

2.thumb.jpg.dee2216482a0d46932eead90ee395781.jpg3.thumb.jpg.d628a5e69ac09290ca6cc5356a3a7a3a.jpg

Sato's reaction to finding out Misaki and Jake fucking was funny. :D Jake getting a hardon about his article when serious shit was going on was annoying. Tozawa's men coming to get Misaki was tense and the no eyebrows dude was scary.

4.thumb.jpg.afa3bdc79c48f77d47521cacde3a2537.jpg

I love Sato's little gang. Cool dudes who helped Misaki and Samantha out.

Tozawa going after Misaki's mum was a cheap shot but expected!

8.thumb.jpg.ea565a367d63f89249ac9b953b7af84d.jpg

Happy for Maruyama as her boss gave her the green light for the article compared to ep 9 where he was against it.

I give no fucks about Jun/Jason. Jake lying to Jun's face about snitching Jason out! I guess it's Jun's turn to hate Jake.

I knew Hagino was up to something or was going to go against Tozawa (finally)!

7.thumb.jpg.e0fb5d8620b80254d7de4715c2248461.jpg

Sato getting to stand over a crumbling Tozawa was great!

9.thumb.jpg.93bb033692364e9dca63566244753131.jpg

I loved Tozawa's wife owning him! She's a badass! :D

10.thumb.jpg.70b3876b836505e68da6914354a05c3e.jpg

While I understand how Yakuza settle their scores and all that, I did find Tozawa's fate a real whimper! Like is that it!

Tins surviving boooo!

HAHA Jake got denied by Misaki.

I still don't buy the Sato/Samantha thing. Doesn't work for me.

This felt like a final series (a rushed one) and so I guess no season three. :(

• Buddha Bless You 1

On 4/5/2024 at 4:07 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

So the final ep and yeah it wasn't amazing. I found it way to neat and proper with everything being solved without any tension or mishaps!

Some notes: (SPOILERS)

I was real worried for Katagiri at the beginning with the Yakuza right behind him! I love Katagiri's car. Also his family was just forgotten about.

2.thumb.jpg.dee2216482a0d46932eead90ee395781.jpg3.thumb.jpg.d628a5e69ac09290ca6cc5356a3a7a3a.jpg

Sato's reaction to finding out Misaki and Jake fucking was funny. :D Jake getting a hardon about his article when serious shit was going on was annoying. Tozawa's men coming to get Misaki was tense and the no eyebrows dude was scary.

4.thumb.jpg.afa3bdc79c48f77d47521cacde3a2537.jpg

I love Sato's little gang. Cool dudes who helped Misaki and Samantha out.

Tozawa going after Misaki's mum was a cheap shot but expected!

8.thumb.jpg.ea565a367d63f89249ac9b953b7af84d.jpg

Happy for Maruyama as her boss gave her the green light for the article compared to ep 9 where he was against it.

I give no fucks about Jun/Jason. Jake lying to Jun's face about snitching Jason out! I guess it's Jun's turn to hate Jake.

I knew Hagino was up to something or was going to go against Tozawa (finally)!

7.thumb.jpg.e0fb5d8620b80254d7de4715c2248461.jpg

Sato getting to stand over a crumbling Tozawa was great!

9.thumb.jpg.93bb033692364e9dca63566244753131.jpg

I loved Tozawa's wife owning him! She's a badass! :D

10.thumb.jpg.70b3876b836505e68da6914354a05c3e.jpg

While I understand how Yakuza settle their scores and all that, I did find Tozawa's fate a real whimper! Like is that it!

Tins surviving boooo!

HAHA Jake got denied by Misaki.

I still don't buy the Sato/Samantha thing. Doesn't work for me.

This felt like a final series (a rushed one) and so I guess no season three. :(

I finished the last episode as well my furry brother and pretty much echo everything you had to say about it. Found it super lackluster to be honest. Not in a particularly bad way but in a very meh way, if that makes any sense.

All loose ends have been neatly tide up so yeah obviously no season three. I don't know for all its faults I'm gonna miss watching 'Tokyo Vice'. Maybe they'll do a spin-off with Sato's Chihara-Kai?

Spoiler

Tozawa's demise was super pathetic even if I get the entire gangster etiquette. They didn't even bother to show us! Kind of reminded me of the latest episode of 'Shogun' were the actually showed a guy committing Seppuku.

Either it was rushed (because a renewal was never in question) or simply too convenient on how everything played out. With all the tension they've been building up I've expected they'd go out with a boom! Eventually it's more like going out with a calm breeze.

I'm curious if according to the real Adelstein that's really how it all ended. Might have to read his book eventually just to have some closure.

• Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw
On 4/7/2024 at 5:20 AM, laagi said:

I finished the last episode as well my furry brother and pretty much echo everything you had to say about it. Found it super lackluster to be honest. Not in a particularly bad way but in a very meh way, if that makes any sense.

All loose ends have been neatly tide up so yeah obviously no season three. I don't know for all its faults I'm gonna miss watching 'Tokyo Vice'. Maybe they'll do a spin-off with Sato's Chihara-Kai?

Tozawa's demise was super pathetic even if I get the entire gangster etiquette. They didn't even bother to show us! Kind of reminded me of the latest episode of 'Shogun' were the actually showed a guy committing Seppuku.

Either it was rushed (because a renewal was never in question) or simply too convenient on how everything played out. With all the tension they've been building up I've expected they'd go out with a boom! Eventually it's more like going out with a calm breeze.

I'm curious if according to the real Adelstein that's really how it all ended. Might have to read his book eventually just to have some closure.

I expected them all to fly off into the sky at the end.

6FgxZL.gif

Surely Katagiri would of been with his family ASAP and not hanging out with Jake?

Spoiler

Oh and remember how I kept saying there will be a death. None of the main good guys died! WHAT! Tin doesn't count as he's a knob head (and he survived)!

The more this show went on, the more I call BS on the real Adelstein's accounts of events.

Ohh a spin off would be awesome! Even just to see more of Sato!

@laagi If you do read it then LMK how it is because I don't think I'll ever read anything that glove wearing twat writes. :P

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Surely Katagiri would of been with his family ASAP and not hanging out with Jake?

Vin Diesel Family GIF by The Fast Saga

19 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

@laagi If you do read it then LMK how it is because I don't think I'll ever read anything that glove wearing twat writes. :P

I'm tempted to purchase the audiobook since I'm not much of a reader. The narrator is none other than the man, the myth, the legend himself. However, I'm not sure I can take 10+ hours listening to Adelstein :laugh

• Haha 1