Tokyo Vice (2022) HBOMax - Ansel Elgort, Ken Watanabe

laagi

PandaPawPaw

I managed 15 mins of the first ep of S2 and I had to stop. It's all just so meh. Just seeing Jake made me want to put my gloves on and punch him.

4f051b4e856a118402d402fb2a4e8160375b636f

• Haha 1

Latest episode was the first one I actually enjoyed tbh! Probably mainly because now the main plot is back afoot.

Although 'Tokyo Vice' shares one major problem with a lot of other recent series. There's just too much going on.

So many seemingly pointless sub-plots that eventually won't even matter at the end of the day.

Sorry but I don't care about some shoved in romantic gay love-interest sub-plot! Yeah I get it, it's progressive thanks HBO.

BTW, the supposed end might happen sooner than expected. If rumors are to believed 'Tokyo Vice' will not be renewed for another season.

The good news @Drunken Monk Issa López just signed a multi-year deal with HBO which will bring us more of her "interpretation" of 'True Detective'. Honestly it's sickening how this industry works nowadays.

I don't get it shows like Warrior (which had great numbers by all means) gets cancelled. Now 'Tokyo Vice' seems to be the next victim. Keep doing the good work HBO I guess.

Anyway, let's hope we get some decent closure with this one. And if not I'm sure Netflix will be happy to recycle this as well.

Netflix, where other streaming services dump their production waste!

PandaPawPaw
25 minutes ago, laagi said:

BTW, the supposed end might happen sooner than expected. If rumors are to believed 'Tokyo Vice' will not be renewed for another season.

please-be-true-frank-sinatra.gif

I'm getting Kung Fu flashbacks but at least that had The Chapman in it!

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

please-be-true-frank-sinatra.gif

I'm getting Kung Fu flashbacks but at least that had The Chapman in it!

C'mon now it's not that level of bad! And yes Chaps will always be remembered :yociexp77:

7795825ba9f8c19e47bc7b99436093532e736d41

• Love 1

PandaPawPaw
13 hours ago, laagi said:

C'mon now it's not that level of bad! And yes Chaps will always be remembered :yociexp77:

7795825ba9f8c19e47bc7b99436093532e736d41

Oh gawd she's so hot! :heart

OK it's not that bad but not great. Finished the 1st ep and TBH I was more into. Watanabe is great as always and seeing Ayumi Ito helped.

Also I had no idea she is the voice of Tifa in FF7 remake. :o

actor-ayumi-ito-239847_large.jpg?1625747

Samantha still gets on my wick though. That's wick and not di......................

I also hope Hideaki Ito doesn't speak much English this time around as he's hard to listen too.

I do think the biggest problem for me is Ansel Elgort. I just don't find him interesting or very good. Too wet for my liking.

• Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Samantha still gets on my wick though. That's wick and not di......................

not gonna happen annie murphy GIF by CBC

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

@laagi Question about Rinko Kikuchi's character.

Spoiler

Did she live with her husband who was sick but was having an affair in the last season as I can't remember.

On ep two and nice to see Yosuke Kubozuka turn up. He's great in everything.

Even though I'm not a fan of Samantha's character, she is easy on the peepers.

CvispqfWAAADrSi.jpg

• Love 1

4 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

@laagi Question about Rinko Kikuchi's character.

Reveal hidden contents

Did she live with her husband who was sick but was having an affair in the last season as I can't remember.

On ep two and nice to see Yosuke Kubozuka turn up. He's great in everything.

Even though I'm not a fan of Samantha's character, she is easy on the peepers.

CvispqfWAAADrSi.jpg

I can't recall to be totally honest with you there my panda ;) She's living with her brother which I think she already did in S01?

Good to see you finally getting a bit more into S02. I'm about to watch E05 here's hoping they can keep it up!

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
30 minutes ago, laagi said:

I can't recall to be totally honest with you there my panda ;) She's living with her brother which I think she already did in S01?

Good to see you finally getting a bit more into S02. I'm about to watch E05 here's hoping they can keep it up!

Ah right it was her brother though like I say I thought he was ill or something. Fuck knows.

Yeah I enjoyed ep 2 a lot more and I actually liked Samantha's character for a change! I like how confident she has become working at the host club and her Japanese is pretty good and comes across as natural and not like she's memorised it for the role.

Kubozuka is going to cause trouble I know it! I reckon Sato's going to get into trouble with him.

Ayumi Ito = hawt!

1.jpg.1e1ee7685f178eb6cad3508aaa5bc20e.jpg

Ansel is just Ansel. One guy I'd like to power slap! :P

MV5BYjFlZmJiYzctZjU0OS00NGM2LTg5YWEtOGE1

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Ah right it was her brother though like I say I thought he was ill or something. Fuck knows.

Yeah I enjoyed ep 2 a lot more and I actually liked Samantha's character for a change! I like how confident she has become working at the host club and her Japanese is pretty good and comes across as natural and not like she's memorised it for the role.

Kubozuka is going to cause trouble I know it! I reckon Sato's going to get into trouble with him.

Ayumi Ito = hawt!

1.jpg.1e1ee7685f178eb6cad3508aaa5bc20e.jpg

Ansel is just Ansel. One guy I'd like to power slap! :P

MV5BYjFlZmJiYzctZjU0OS00NGM2LTg5YWEtOGE1

Can't argue with that... this face definitely needs a good ol' slapping!

Her GIF by Saweetie

• Haha 1

Shit went down in the latest episode... Jesus! One of the casualties you could see coming from like a mile away. The other, well let's see if we get confirmation first.

Sato is the man! I can't imagine the show without him really and now with all these developments might need to step up big time soon.

Tozawa being back from the shadows is finally laying out his plan to avoid the police and put his fangs into the big money of Japan.

Really enjoyed this episode overall!

I'm still not sure why I had to watch two guys butt-naked getting it on but I'm sure it'll serve a VERY important plot point somewhere down the road.

Or maybe @PandaPawPaw will be able to answer that once he catches up ;)

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
4 hours ago, laagi said:

I'm still not sure why I had to watch two guys butt-naked getting it on but I'm sure it'll serve a VERY important plot point somewhere down the road.

Or maybe @PandaPawPaw will be able to answer that once he catches up ;)

That sounds like Yakuza dudes doing Yakuza shit on a Friday.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Haha 1

Five episodes left and looks like shit is about to really hit the fan. Yes please!

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

Ep 3 was alright (trying to catch up @laagi). I've said this before but I really like Samantha's character now. She's not annoying any more and so confident! Nice to have a strong female character in this show!

I really hope Sato's brother doesn't go to the darkside! It feels like it's inevitable though. :(

Kobuzuka is a barstool waiting to go nuts. He's actually kind of scary! :o

I liked how the female police woman took the Yakuza punk down with ease. :D

I thought Watanabe was a gonna in this ep! I'm waiting for it to happen at some point though as it feels like it's almost a certain! :(

The Jake and Ito stuff is cringey. He couldn't pull up to a pagoda let alone pull her, the wet shite.

I'm off to rock my body now, yeah, yeah.

088c86ca-7306-4be8-aa43-1f92cc46ac85_tex

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Ep 3 was alright (trying to catch up @laagi). I've said this before but I really like Samantha's character now. She's not annoying any more and so confident! Nice to have a strong female character in this show!

I really hope Sato's brother doesn't go to the darkside! It feels like it's inevitable though. :(

Kobuzuka is a barstool waiting to go nuts. He's actually kind of scary! :o

I liked how the female police woman took the Yakuza punk down with ease. :D

I thought Watanabe was a gonna in this ep! I'm waiting for it to happen at some point though as it feels like it's almost a certain! :(

The Jake and Ito stuff is cringey. He couldn't pull up to a pagoda let alone pull her, the wet shite.

I'm off to rock my body now, yeah, yeah.

088c86ca-7306-4be8-aa43-1f92cc46ac85_tex

Hedgehog Keep Going GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

Finished ep 4 and man Tozawa is scary as fuck! He's about to cause some serious shit! He has that psycho crazy look going on!

Hayama is probably just as if not crazy as Tozawa and is clearly going to lead Sato's brother down the wrong path! I feel like he might even get rid of Sato altogether.

I'm not sure what the point of Eimi and her bf story line is really about. Is it even needed? :wondering

I feel like Jake isn't even needed any more and just drags the show down.

Erika (Hyunri) is hawt too.

295977823_471320568158352_6276915599359568370_n.jpg.f7993949c93e4045fef0b5ceb76e4874.jpg

2.jpg.53c9ef4322d683cbc0ff64e97008e161.jpg

• Buddha Bless You 1

Boy if there is one annoying character during this season it has to be Sato's little brother Kaito!

He is such a piece work and Hayama clearly takes full advantage of the little shits own insecurities.

As for Samantha I'm getting a bit tired of her as well. Not sure what her entire deal is tbh.

And as @PandaPawPaw mentioned at this point Jake seems like he's not really needed anymore. Although during the latest episode we at least get some more backstory to him.

I'm curious how they'll finish this season as I doubt this will be renewed at least not on MAX lol.

Sato is still the MVP of Tokyo Vice period!

Spoiler

Although I didn't buy it, him hooking up again with Samantha for no reason whatsoever.

Is anyone else watching this besides me and my furry brother?

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

@laagi You on ep 7?

Finished ep 5 and I swear Hayama was going to kill the couple who gave him and Sato a lift! :o I wanted them to just drive off especially as they had a baby in the back!

Tozawa being back together with Misaki sucks as she can do way better than that twat though it's not like she can run away. I found him bonking her kind of uncomfortable. :(

Spoiler

Sato is the new head of Chihara-kai I take it then seeing as Ishida is dead?

Wasn't keen on Masa so kind of glad what happened to him.

Tin Tin is a dumb dumb.

Tozawa had liver disease, got a transplant and all is well? That seems a bit convenient as I remember him close to dead last series unless it'll fail him later on.

1.jpg.304d5d512e5267edc1debba219cb2f64.jpg

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

@laagi You on ep 7?

Finished ep 5 and I swear Hayama was going to kill the couple who gave him and Sato a lift! :o I wanted them to just drive off especially as they had a baby in the back!

Tozawa being back together with Misaki sucks as she can do way better than that twat though it's not like she can run away. I found him bonking her kind of uncomfortable. :(

Reveal hidden contents

Sato is the new head of Chihara-kai I take it then seeing as Ishida is dead?

Wasn't keen on Masa so kind of glad what happened to him.

Tin Tin is a dumb dumb.

Tozawa had liver disease, got a transplant and all is well? That seems a bit convenient as I remember him close to dead last series unless it'll fail him later on.

1.jpg.304d5d512e5267edc1debba219cb2f64.jpg

I'm done with the latest episode brother ;) Actually enjoying it a lot more than I'd like to admit probably.

Yeah Tozawa basically just put a few extra month on his clock (not c*ck you silly panda) that's basically it as far as I'm concerned.

What's more unsettling for Misaki is that he not only "uses" her for his own pleasure but apparently also to sign off on some of his legal business.

Yeah Tin Tin stabbing Jake in the back was pretty silly and literally came out of nowhere. I mean he even gave him a story beforehand but as you said he's just a dumb-ass!

As for Sato...

you thought wrong GIF

Unfortunately his life keeps taking a turn for the worse I'm afraid. It'll be interesting to see how his character arc comes to a closure.

• Like 1

Latest episode really failed to impress me. I mean WTF!? was with that intro scene lol. I was literally waiting for this to happen.

Anyway, apart from that we got a very lackluster fight between Sato and Hayama. I really expected more here with all the tension that's been building up between the two or at least I hoped they would make it more visceral!

Samantha is really irritating me at the moment. It's commendable that she's (supposedly) looking out for her girls but the way she's going behind her best friend's (Erika) back probably shows her true character. Also it seems to me that everybody who's tapping that is eventually going to get in some sort of trouble or worse.

Last but not least Jake with his slicked hair smoking a cigarette looked like a god damn fool! Nobody would take this guy serious ever.

Curious to see what they'll do in the last two episodes. I got a strong sense with the lack of marketing and people talking about 'Tokyo Vice' this is probably the final season!

One really has to question the decisions made at MAX!? Lovecraft Country, Raised by Wolves, Warrior now very likely this... the fuck they doing???

• Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw

Finished ep 7 and @laagi man you were right about Kaito that little barstool! He pissed me right off!

I hated how Sato was kicked out by Hayama though I gotta say Hayama was verging on being a bit of a caricature in this ep. Like he was over doing the crazy Yakuza thing.

I agree about Sam/Sato hook up.

I've now gone from hating Samantha to liking her, back to disliking her again. Her character is all over the place.

Jake going back home was actually enjoyable and was the first time I've liked him but him choosing work over family sucked. His family need him especially his sis.

I hated seeing him phone his dad to tell him he's going back to Japan. That sucked as you could feel the disappointment from his dad. :(

Jakes mother mentioning him looking skinny made me realise, why doesn't he buy some suits that fit! Seeing him in normal clothes was refreshing! I was expecting his dad to hate him or something with the way it was setup but nothing of the sort.

Maybe it was just me but I saw Shinjiro being shot in the back of the car a mile off! Way to obvious!

I wanted Sato to end up with Erika. They make a cute couple.

420581897_2427424684125714_1473829213847498043_n.jpg.75df2fcf0db564c0f5c2a646ea2382ab.jpg

• Buddha Bless You 1

Hell Yeah Gets Excited High Kick GIF

Now THAT is how you build up tension! Jesus F*cking Christ :rofl This latest episode was terrific! Probably my favorite one so far. Everything is dialed up to 11 at this point and you just wait for shit to REALLY hit the fan!

Tozawa tries to clean house with the last remnants of resistance that will give him absolute immunity. Samantha is still a dick for not telling Erika but hey at least she finally seems to become useful to the plot. Tin Tin the poor bastard but you could literally see that coming.

The entire sub-plot with Maruyama's brother is now at a point where it's just infuriating! I was literally screaming at the screen.

I really hope they can close this with a bang because as I said I doubt this will be renewed. Although truth be told it somewhat would feel rushed to tie up all loose ends in just a 50 minute episode. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

Ep 8 and I thought a shark was going to pop up at the beginning. :P

I don't think I've seen Tomohisa Yamashita since my Jdorama days but his English is great!

The Commissioner is a twat for replacing Nagata! Tin Tin is annoying. He needs to get over it!

A big WTF at the Sato/Hayama/Kaito story! After all that and this is all we got! What a let down! Also Sato took way too long taking Hayama out! Just kick him in his pee pee! Wasted storyline!

When are Samantha and Erika going to get it on. I'm still waiting!

I feel like Katagiri is a dead man walking.

Not feeling the Sato/Samantha stuff.

Jake and his slicked hair. He looks too wet and weak to pull of the cool look.

Not a great ep tbh but this series feels like the last anyway.

Some Rinko:

latest?cb=20140706052326

4276e41f16cbe3aeec616db6bc6eed73.jpg

4146184f3ae25f7a1a342c9422e4261e.jpg

• Like 1