The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

clanarchy
3 minutes ago, Beardys Feather said:

How many of the people posting negative opinions have even seen it? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ygIrA1cAQ

I haven’t seen it but will pick it up anyway. When it comes to movie reviews I only trust my own opinion…... Seen a lot of low rated ones and enjoyed them and on the flip side seen a lot of highly praised ones and hated them. I’ll just take a gamble on it.

• Like 3

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, clanarchy said:

I haven’t seen it but will pick it up anyway. When it comes to movie reviews I only trust my own opinion…... Seen a lot of low rated ones and enjoyed them and on the flip side seen a lot of highly praised ones and hated them. I’ll just take a gamble on it.

That's exactly my opinion and what often happens to me.

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
2 hours ago, tomgray2404 said:

I want Broken Oath! They've actually mentioned it on The Double Crossers write up. It's had a Blu Ray release in other territories. Surely they'll get this!

I don't think I'll get The Double Crossers. I've never seen it, but it's gettig panned on here.

I actually did see the trailer last night, after slating the film. The trailer looks okay. Some background shots of Thailand too, from the late 70's.

Yihetuan
24 minutes ago, Kevin Chan said:

Trailer looks interesting.

Surprised you never picked up the Schroder Asia Line dvd since it was so cheap. Before COVID you get those shipped to the US for 15 bucks total  & it'll be free for you since you live in Germany hahaha

Kevin Chan
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Surprised you never picked up the Schroder Asia Line dvd since it was so cheap. Before COVID you get those shipped to the US for 15 bucks total  & it'll be free for you since you live in Germany hahaha

Too many releases here, I can't buy, store and watch everything 😄

ironfistedmonk

Even though I'm questioning the choice I'm still picking Double Crossers up as I only have a shitty VCD release of it, but I have to wonder how well this type of film does on sales?  If Brad from Terror Vision says Game of Killers isn't shifting many units then surely something like this will struggle as well? 

I did wonder how well Sky Hawk would do as a stand alone release, I'd like to know the sales numbers on that?  These kind of films would surely sell more as part of a set or double feature?  If Mystery of Chess Boxing hadn't been included in the Swordsman of all Swordsmen release would that have bombed?  

Anyway release Broken Oath please :D

• Like 2

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Even though I'm questioning the choice I'm still picking Double Crossers up as I only have a shitty VCD release of it, but I have to wonder how well this type of film does on sales?  If Brad from Terror Vision says Game of Killers isn't shifting many units then surely something like this will struggle as well? 

I did wonder how well Sky Hawk would do as a stand alone release, I'd like to know the sales numbers on that?  These kind of films would surely sell more as part of a set or double feature?  If Mystery of Chess Boxing hadn't been included in the Swordsman of all Swordsmen release would that have bombed?  

Anyway release Broken Oath please :D

Eureka has a much larger fanbase & name recognition than a smaller boutique label like TerrorVision. So I wouldn't worry about it. I think some Kung fu afficianados aren't even aware TV puts out martial arts stuff since they're more known for schlocky American horror releases, so it's up to us to spread the word.

• Like 1

I would also hope that a film like Double Crossers would be MUCH cheaper to license as compared to something like Police Story, etc. It might have also come in a package licensing deal with several other films, also making the initial investment cheaper and the needed sales targets more reasonable. Even if the film isn't great, always nice to see movies that have never gotten a decent release finally get one.

• Like 3

saltysam

Be nice if they could replicate some of the older Shout DVD releases, double feature of Kung Fu Girl/Whiplash for example, or The Association paired with something like Dragon Tamers or Manchu Boxer. More Wang Yu as well please 

• Like 3

Yihetuan
15 minutes ago, Ronin said:

I would also hope that a film like Double Crossers would be MUCH cheaper to license as compared to something like Police Story, etc. It might have also come in a package licensing deal with several other films, also making the initial investment cheaper and the needed sales targets more reasonable. Even if the film isn't great, always nice to see movies that have never gotten a decent release finally get one.

I'll be looking forward to getting Double Crossers in a few months from your eBay storefront in like new condition. :cool

• Haha 1

ShawAngela
2 hours ago, saltysam said:

Be nice if they could replicate some of the older Shout DVD releases, double feature of Kung Fu Girl/Whiplash for example, or The Association paired with something like Dragon Tamers or Manchu Boxer. More Wang Yu as well please 

Double double crossers, Stormy sun, Iron man, Ming Patriots, Naughty boys, Showdown at the cotton mill, Legendary strike... there are so many movies that should get decent releases.

• Like 3

kuenfist

The catalog of GH is very large. We are all fu fans. Some prefer the classics other take all. Important is all this nice movies are coming out on Blu Ray !!! What a dream come true !!! Same with all the japanese classics that are coming out too. My wallet is crying but my heart is happy.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

starschwar

So I just finished up the Extended cut of Black Mask. I appreciate the effort that went into combining three (or more?) disparate sources, but I'm afraid to say there was a serious technical screw-up.

A number of shots from a standard definition source - I'm assuming it's the Taiwan version? - are presented as interlaced frames, despite being encapsulated inside a 24p progressive stream.  The footage should have been run thru IVTC to make it match the frame rate. Or, if the source was too damaged for inverse telecine, it should at least have been deinterlaced before being edited in.  My best guess is that either the editing and/or preview process of this disc was done on displays that automatically deinterlace content and this problem was not detected on Eureka's end.  I wouldn't go thru the hassle of any sort of exchange - shipping this back to the UK would probably be a nightmare.  And I don't like the movie enough for a double dip.  But I hope they can fix this problem for re-pressings and prevent it from happening to future titles.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yihetuan
40 minutes ago, starschwar said:

So I just finished up the Extended cut of Black Mask. I appreciate the effort that went into combining three (or more?) disparate sources, but I'm afraid to say there was a serious technical screw-up.

A number of shots from a standard definition source - I'm assuming it's the Taiwan version? - are presented as interlaced frames, despite being encapsulated inside a 24p progressive stream.  The footage should have been run thru IVTC to make it match the frame rate. Or, if the source was too damaged for inverse telecine, it should at least have been deinterlaced before being edited in.  My best guess is that either the editing and/or preview process of this disc was done on displays that automatically deinterlace content and this problem was not detected on Eureka's end.  I wouldn't go thru the hassle of any sort of exchange - shipping this back to the UK would probably be a nightmare.  And I don't like the movie enough for a double dip.  But I hope they can fix this problem for re-pressings and prevent it from happening to future titles.

yes this is a known issue which was first reported by the excellent German muck47 at the movie-censorship site a couple of days ago. The older TVP blu ray handles this correctly. But unfortunately, Eureka dropped the ball here. They also digitally enhanced the laser effects and the flare effect is now gone & the effects don't look as good anymore.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 19-11-32 Black Mask (Comparison Extended Cut (T.V.P.) - Extended Cut (Eureka)) - Movie-Censorship.com.png

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 19-14-54 Black Mask (Comparison Extended Cut (T.V.P.) - Extended Cut (Eureka)) - Movie-Censorship.com.png

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 19-16-27 Black Mask (Comparison Extended Cut (T.V.P.) - Extended Cut (Eureka)) - Movie-Censorship.com.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

The 2nd bonus disc on Black Mask is limited edition so I doubt it will be fixed unless it becomes a replacement?

tomgray2404
21 hours ago, Kevin Chan said:

Trailer looks interesting.

Na man. It looks like hell. I'm not going near it! :laugh

It actually reminded me of Hot Potato and that crap took years off my life.

• Haha 1