Official Girls with Guns thread

sifu iron perm

sifu iron perm

In Killer Angels what's with the villain being called Jackie Chan..was that some sort of diss to JC from the studio's/makers of the film?

• Like 1

Apologies if this already exists, I searched for one but could not find it. 

A couple of years ago I did a piece on my blog about this curious sub-genre, I've always loved this genre, the films were never that great but the actresses were game usually rose above the material through sheer personality. Yukari Oshima. Moon Lee. Michiko Nishiwaki. Cynthia Khan. Kara Hui Ying Fong. Let this thread be a memorial to those women who briefly lit a fire. 

For those interested, that piece can be seen here https://cinematichorizons.wordpress.com/2014/01/09/fists-of-doom-sammos-angels/

Edited by Dragon Ma
  • Like 3

This has always been a favorite of mine, Yukari and Kara make a fun team, this also has Yukari dress up like a fifties greaser to sexually harass a young woman. 

/url]

Edited by Dragon Ma
  • Like 3

One Armed Boxer

Hopefully this'll get a restored HD release sooner rather than later, but for now, here's a lost scene from 'Dreaming the Reality' - 

• Like 4

operation-pink-squad-dvd.jpg

Directed by Jeff Lau Chun-Wai(All For The Winner) with fight choreography by Yuen Cheung Yan(7 Grandmasters)

Starring- Ann Bridgewater, Sandra Ng, Elsie Chan, Wu Fung.

Anyone on the Chambers watched this one?.

• Like 2

Not nearly as good as GWG movies of the Golden Era, The Special Female Force (2016) was a nice re-boot of Inspector Wears Skirts movies. I thought it was one of the best, if not the best, attempts of the last decade in GWG genre.  Unexpectedly brutal bits in action scenes, OK-ish shootsouts, Jade Leung and lots of cute Asian girls.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2017 at 9:58 PM, D1 Ma said:

Not nearly as good as GWG movies of the Golden Era, The Special Female Force (2016) was a nice re-boot of Inspector Wears Skirts movies. I thought it was one of the best, if not the best, attempts of the last decade in GWG genre.  Unexpectedly brutal bits in action scenes, OK-ish shootsouts, Jade Leung and lots of cute Asian girls.

Well, it was announced that there will be a Special Female Force 2, to be shot in Macau and will have more fight scenes than the original. Jade Leung, Jeana Ho and Hidy Yu will be starring in it.

http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2017/04/20170421-special-female-force-2-will.html

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

DragonClaws

Fighting Madam 2(1988) a.k.a Iron Angles 2.

IRON-ANGELS-2.jpg

Star Moon Lee, in a scene fromthe movie.

iron-angels-2-moon-lee-adjust.jpg?w=640

• Like 2

Here's the American VHS cover from the film above, but with cover art taken from Angel Enforcers with Sharon Yeung:

Midnite Angels 2.jpg

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 20/05/2017 at 5:31 PM, DrNgor said:

Here's the American VHS cover from the film above, but with cover art taken from Angel Enforcers with Sharon Yeung:

Looks like a really fun movie, have you watched this one yet @DrNgor

On 2017-5-21 at 2:12 PM, DragonClaws said:

Looks like a really fun movie, have you watched this one yet @DrNgor

I've seen Angel 2. There's a decent action scene in the beginning and the finale is a huge Rambo-esque scene complete with explosions, thousands of bullets, arrows, and a nice fight in which Moon Lee fights Yuen Tak and another guy. Everything else is "meh". The first movie had better pacing.

I haven't seen Angel Enforcers yet.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
On 22/05/2017 at 5:16 AM, DrNgor said:

I've seen Angel 2. There's a decent action scene in the beginning and the finale is a huge Rambo-esque scene complete with explosions, thousands of bullets, arrows, and a nice fight in which Moon Lee fights Yuen Tak and another guy. Everything else is "meh". The first movie had better pacing.

I reviewed this one 3 years ago, & pretty much agree with your thoughts -

http://cityonfire.com/angels-2-aka-iron-angels-2-1989-review/

• Like 2

I might be going a little outside the martial arts genre but...

Michelle Yeoh:

1987:

Magnificent Warriors

1987 Magnificent Warriors still from the HKL DVD.png

1997:

Tomorrow Never Dies

MV5BNTUxMzk1MDI2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg1

2017:

Star Trek Discovery

918b822f75048fd6eaeda4a3577dd591a1ee3073

• Like 5