To Kill a Mastermind (1979)

BigDruDogg

11 hours ago, laagi said:

vlcsnap-2023-06-30-15h30m11s566.png

vlcsnap-2023-06-30-15h30m29s457.png

vlcsnap-2023-06-30-15h31m04s320.png

vlcsnap-2023-06-30-15h31m17s236.png

Probably just an upscale of the 1080p version?! Chinese subs are hardcoded.

I see you posting caps from the 2160p 4K web-DL but have you actually watched it? It looks good to me. There is also a version of The Tigress of Shaolin too.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

• Like 2

Haven't watched it yet. Skipping thru it I merely questioned if this was a true 4K transfer or an upscale. Nevertheless it does look fantastic!

Kind of weird to think that after all these years (heck even decades) more and more titles pop up on chinese streaming platforms.

I can't imagine that's a profitable business model. Or maybe in fact it is. Lord knows physical media is dying.

• Like 2

AlexanderFu

What a dream it is to have To Kill a mastermind in such quality.

1080/4K, makes no difference to me, it is miles above the copies we had.

The colors are stunning, especially the masked villains at the end. :thumbsup

• Like 3

I downloaded it and tried to make a DVD with it, adding the English subs file from Avistaz. I used Handbrake and Video to DVD Converter. When I tried to watch it, it kept freezing. Also showed pixels like a VCD on a few parts. I tried it also with Video to Video and  ConvertXtoDVD7. Same results. I tried then to watch it with just the mp4 file through VLC. Still showed some VCD pixels and freezing. :sad:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bigrogie said:

I downloaded it and tried to make a DVD with it, adding the English subs file from Avistaz. I used Handbrake and Video to DVD Converter. When I tried to watch it, it kept freezing. Also showed pixels like a VCD on a few parts. I tried it also with Video to Video and  ConvertXtoDVD7. Same results. I tried then to watch it with just the mp4 file through VLC. Still showed some VCD pixels and freezing. :sad:

Time stamp? I'll check as well.