Top 5 Best Korean Movies?

One Armed Boxer

TibetanWhiteCrane
17 minutes ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Method Man (1978)

If you mean the '79 Casanova Wong film aka Avenging Boxer, it's a HK production shot in Taiwan. But maybe there's another movie by that title.

• Like 2

TheKungFuRobber
1 hour ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

If you mean the '79 Casanova Wong film aka Avenging Boxer, it's a HK production shot in Taiwan. But maybe there's another movie by that title.

Oh right. So it is, it's a Jimmy Shaw produced film after all. Must be another Ka Sa Fa movie I was thinking of.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2008 at 11:42 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

Has anyone seen 'Into the Mirror'? I've got it laying around somewhere still unwatched and noticed a Hollywood remake has just come out called 'Mirrors' starring Kiefer Sutherland.

Did you ever watch this? I found this for sale for cheap over here and I'm curious.

One Armed Boxer
26 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Did you ever watch this? I found this for sale for cheap over here and I'm curious.

I did! Think I ended up catching it around 2010, which goes to show just how long ago this post was made (don't even get me started on my original post, as I'd now have difficulty putting together a top 100 Korean movies, nevermind just 5!). I recall it being an above average mystery with supernatural undertones that worked well, definitely worth picking up if it's going for cheap! I'd look forward to having my memory refreshed once you've had the chance to check it out!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I did! Think I ended up catching it around 2010, which goes to show just how long ago this post was made (don't even get me started on my original post, as I'd now have difficulty putting together a top 100 Korean movies, nevermind just 5!). I recall it being an above average mystery with supernatural undertones that worked well, definitely worth picking up if it's going for cheap! I'd look forward to having my memory refreshed once you've had the chance to check it out!

I'll tell you that it's a magnitude better than the Alexandre Aja version. Speaking of which, I had high hopes for him after Haute Tension but I can't think of one movie that I liked since then except perhaps Piranha 3D for the cheeseball corniness.

• Like 2