The Terror Vision Video Blu-ray Thread

ShawAngela
9 minutes ago, Bradtv said:

What would you like to me to say? 

With Game Of Killers and some of the couple others I’ve teased - they’ve all been battered prints that we’ve found overseas. These films are incredibly difficult to come by and prints are extremely rare and most are bootleg prints to begin with. 

Plus it’s to show how much work and time we put into these films. Every Kung Fu film is incredibly expensive to put out with not the best return anyway.

And by a lot; do you mean a couple times? Because not sure when I’ve said that other than the martial arts movies.

And honestly, shitty comments like that get old to us real quick.  

I'm not sure why or where there has been bad comments (I don' t have enough time to read all the comments on various sites), but be sure that whatever old martial arts movie you find and restore, I'll be happy to add it to my collection. I ordered Game of killers as soon as it was available, and I'm patiently waiting to receive it without complaining, knowing that it will have the Mandarin audio, which is what I prefer when I watch this kind of movie.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

ironfistedmonk

Any old skool is more than welcome, with most boutique labels putting out Golden Harvest, Shaws and more modern stuff like Wins/Cinema City etc the indie stuff hasn't had as much love, can't wait for Game of Killers, its an entertaining one from memory

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Any old skool is more than welcome, with most boutique labels putting out Golden Harvest, Shaws and more modern stuff like Wins/Cinema City etc the indie stuff hasn't had as much love, can't wait for Game of Killers, its an entertaining one from memory

And that’s where the problem is for us finding good material. We are doing non-studio titles and things are completely in disarray and no one cared about the longevity of these movies. They were mainly made for a quick buck by financiers and then forgotten about.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

pachito23
On 3/23/2024 at 5:29 PM, sifu iron perm said:

Thanks for the update  😉 

Just got a shipping confirmation :BL-Yes:

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
Posted (edited)

Ya!! shipping confirmation   

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 2

WaverBoy
On 3/27/2024 at 5:41 AM, Bradtv said:

What would you like to me to say? 

With Game Of Killers and some of the couple others I’ve teased - they’ve all been battered prints that we’ve found overseas. These films are incredibly difficult to come by and prints are extremely rare and most are bootleg prints to begin with. 

Plus it’s to show how much work and time we put into these films. Every Kung Fu film is incredibly expensive to put out with not the best return anyway.

And by a lot; do you mean a couple times? Because not sure when I’ve said that other than the martial arts movies.

And honestly, shitty comments like that get old to us real quick.  

Sir, thank you SO MUCH for your efforts in rescuing these poor abandoned films and spiffing them up as best you can. I only recently picked up my first Terror-Vision release, Inferno, was impressed with your new restoration of what appear to be very problematic surviving elements, loved the new tinting too. And, I now have just ordered Game of Killers, having just stumbled across it on this thread today. I watched your trailer for it and it looks batshit insane; can’t wait! I’ll order any and all interesting-looking old school kung fu films you can unearth and dust off!

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

BigDruDogg
1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

Sir, thank you SO MUCH for your efforts in rescuing these poor abandoned films and spiffing them up as best you can. I only recently picked up my first Terror-Vision release, Inferno, was impressed with your new restoration of what appear to be very problematic surviving elements, loved the new tinting too. And, I now have just ordered Game of Killers, having just stumbled across it on this thread today. I watched your trailer for it and it looks batshit insane; can’t wait! I’ll order any and all interesting-looking old school kung fu films you can unearth and dust off!

I wasn't aware of this either, and just grabbed it as well!! Seems awesome, looking forward to checking it out!!

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

bickle14

8 hours ago, Bradtv said:

We have around 80 that we can do but tracking down material has been hard. We have Game Of Killers already out and then two more planned for now. Unfortunately, if they don’t do well/better - we might not be able to continue. Game Of Killers didn’t do great and cost a fortune to complete. I honestly don’t think people are into these types of films and just focus on the studio titles. 

I'll quote this from the Eureka thread here since it pertains to your label...

Are there more modern HK titles (80s/90s action) possibly on the docket?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bickle14 said:

I'll quote this from the Eureka thread here since it pertains to your label...

Are there more modern HK titles (80s/90s action) possibly on the docket?

We have access to quite a few. Close to 80 titles ranging from HK to Taiwanese films. The biggest issue is locating elements and it’s quite expensive. We have a few more we are doing and if it doesn’t pick up - we might have to pause on them. 

• Sad 2

ironfistedmonk
1 hour ago, Bradtv said:

We have access to quite a few. Close to 80 titles ranging from HK to Taiwanese films. The biggest issue is locating elements and it’s quite expensive. We have a few more we are doing and if it doesn’t pick up - we might have to pause on them. 

Oh man that's sad to hear, when you announced Game of Killers I was proper excited, we had a new player in town showing some love to the indies, but if they aren't selling then what can you do?  Lets hope sales pick up and the other 2 titles (a Bruceploitation and that Charles Heung film, An Old Kung Fu Master?) smash it

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yihetuan
21 minutes ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Oh man that's sad to hear, when you announced Game of Killers I was proper excited, we had a new player in town showing some love to the indies, but if they aren't selling then what can you do?  Lets hope sales pick up and the other 2 titles (a Bruceploitation and that Charles Heung film, An Old Kung Fu Master?) smash it

I'm hoping the poor sales of Game of Killers doesn't lead them to nixing that Ole's Dirty n the Bastard release. I was actually looking forward to that one the most.

• Buddha Bless You 2

sifu iron perm
29 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

I'm hoping the poor sales of Game of Killers doesn't lead them to nixing that Ole's Dirty n the Bastard release. I was actually looking forward to that one the most.

Oh man I want that badly. Please release that. I'll buy 100 copies lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Ordered to support, cost me nearly £32 to UK though :blush

Our titles are typically carried through Orbit DVD and Diabolik for future titles. Hopefully their shipping is a little cheaper. 

thank you for the support! 

Edited by Bradtv
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Super Ninja

Ordered Game of Killers yesterday. Yeah, shipping doubles the total, but we must support releases like this. Best of luck with the sales. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2

dionbrother

Looking forward to getting my Game of Killers this week. Ordered it last year, so I'm sure it's worth the wait!

• Buddha Bless You 1

lastninja
On 4/2/2024 at 5:36 PM, Bradtv said:

Should more HK/TW films be released, and I really hope so, what criteria will be used to select the film? Is there any room here for fan wish lists, like those linked here (https://www.kungfufandom.com/topic/867-top-ten-movies-you-want-to-see-remastered/) by @One Armed Boxer?

• Like 1

Niklaus Vogel
On 3/23/2024 at 11:22 AM, Yihetuan said:

This is my most anticipated release of the year. Not so much for the films but the documentary & extras. Ho Chung Tao, Bruce Le, Dragon Lee interviews will be the most extensive & insightful ever released. Still doesn't excuse MW for botching that crowdfund but it'll go a long way towards mending fences.

Which crowdfund did he botch, the book? He also did a crowdfunding for his HOUSE OF FANGS project but it didn't meet the goal.

• Like 1

Niklaus Vogel
On 4/2/2024 at 8:36 AM, Bradtv said:

By access do you mean you've already bought the release rights to 80 titles but most of them don't have elements? That just sounds quite risky if that is indeed the case (buying the film's rights first before securing the elements).  I hope you succeed!

• Buddha Bless You 1

On 4/7/2024 at 7:38 AM, Niklaus Vogel said:

By access do you mean you've already bought the release rights to 80 titles but most of them don't have elements? That just sounds quite risky if that is indeed the case (buying the film's rights first before securing the elements).  I hope you succeed!

Correct but we only pay for what we release. And if these films fail - we just don’t do anymore. 

On 4/6/2024 at 6:05 PM, lastninja said:

Should more HK/TW films be released, and I really hope so, what criteria will be used to select the film? Is there any room here for fan wish lists, like those linked here (https://www.kungfufandom.com/topic/867-top-ten-movies-you-want-to-see-remastered/) by @One Armed Boxer?

We release stuff we like.

RebelIntruder

Got my copy of Game of Killers.  Never heard of this movie before but I like to buy these new scans of classic kung fu movies from boutique labels.  This is definitely... a movie.  Very strange.  I can't quite put my finger on why I don't like this one, but I like other strange movies such as Legend of the Owl.  Anyway, looking forward to the next release.  

• Like 3

AlexanderFu
On 11/23/2023 at 9:05 PM, Yihetuan said:

Here's the first martial arts release for their Black Friday sale and it's the Taiwanese Barry Chan starring Game of Killers 1982.

Game of Killers (1978) Blu-ray w/ Slipcover **PRE-ORDER** Ships In January

$24.99

One map. Plenty of killers. Two unlikely friends cross paths and join forces after they come in possession of a map that many are on the lookout for. How will they defend themselves against an army of assassins that are also after that map in this Game Of Killers?

Terror Vision is proud to present this rare kung-fu film that has been bootlegged and presented unfairly for decades. For the first time since its theatrical release, Game Of Killers is scanned, restored, and presented in its original aspect ratio of 2.35:1. Game Of Killers survives from a print that was found in a warehouse in China that suffered immense damage and loss of color during its chemical breakdown from unhealthy storage conditions.

Terror Vision has restored and meticulously color-timed the print in order to bring you the best possible picture to date. While the picture will still be rough at times, it is impossible to NOT enjoy this rare oddball piece of cinema! *Game Of Killers is presented in two different versions: The 81 min. US cut with the US soundtrack and a bonus alternate cut that is 90 min and has a different soundtrack*

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Alternate Longer Cut Of The Film

Interview w/ Barry Chan

The Unknown Legacy Of Barry Chan: A Visual Essay by Shaun Williams of the Fu For Thought Podcast and Ryan Verrill of Someone's Favorite Productions

Additional Info:

Region Free

1978 / 81/90 min / 2.35:1

GameofKillers_slip3D.png

This was a fun movie. Barry Chan is always good, imo. Mine was supposed to be here today, but since were dealing with the US postal, or course it didn't make it. I just came to look at the picture of the box. :cool

Looks like they did a great job.

The Sword of justice is so faded & scratched, but I can watch it any time. Probably no hope for that one, but it would be so great to see movies like that restored, if they can be. Probably in the worst shape of any really good movie other then the Romantic Double Rings or something similar.

Thanks to all of you doing such great work.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja
17 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

This was a fun movie. Barry Chan is always good, imo. Mine was supposed to be here today, but since were dealing with the US postal, or course it didn't make it. I just came to look at the picture of the box. :cool

Looks like they did a great job.

The Sword of justice is so faded & scratched, but I can watch it any time. Probably no hope for that one, but it would be so great to see movies like that restored, if they can be. Probably in the worst shape of any really good movie other then the Romantic Double Rings or something similar.

Thanks to all of you doing such great work.

Would so love to rewatch Romantic Double Rings in widescreen and with original audio. Highly unlikely, much like a restored version of The Sword of Justice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1