Site pirated ?

ShawAngela

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Thanks for all the responses. @SMK is the tech-savvy of us two, so hopefully this info will help him snuff this nonsense.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2023 at 6:11 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Are any members still experiencing this stuff?

Yes, today on my phone. It was a site beginnig with "desireblue" or something like that, that asked me to give my autorisation to check my browser before allowing me to open a page on the site, and it wasn't the message section...

24 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, today on my phone. It was a site beginnig with "desireblue" or something like that, that asked me to give my autorisation to check my browser before allowing me to open a page on the site, and it wasn't the message section...

I had it too. I just closed down the page and opened it again. 

I checked my messages page, and my AV prevented a redirect.  The site is flagged for phishing.   Hope this can help you get to the bottom of this.

Web Protection by Bitdefender

Dangerous page blocked for your protection

https://desirebluestock.com/?p=gqztaztfmi5gi3bphaztcmi

Dangerous pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

Edited by starschwar

PandaPawPaw

I was trying to add an image and got redirected to the following page -

Screenshot2023-06-20at12-15-30Checkingyourbrowser.thumb.png.50916811a0caba9643370488c9af4a99.png

Never happened before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Screenshot2023-06-20at12-15-30Checkingyourbrowser.thumb.png.50916811a0caba9643370488c9af4a99.png

Never happened before.

Happened twice in the space of 20 seconds. Everytime I went back, then to go back into my inbox, it popped up again.

• Like 1

Yeah I just had this happen to me for the first time. I had my phone opened to the site (I purposely haven't used messages because of this) and came back. Turned on the phone and there was a gross gif lol

Edited by Ah_Tao
  • Like 1

No redirects, but virus blocker saved the day again. 

Capture35.JPG

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 2

I'm now corresponding via email. I think that's the safest option right now. 

So if the site doesn't have http/ infront of the web address, does that mean looking for a new domain with better protection?  Or can this redirect bollocks be fixed?

On 6/18/2023 at 9:47 AM, starschwar said:

I checked my messages page, and my AV prevented a redirect.  The site is flagged for phishing.   Hope this can help you get to the bottom of this.

On 6/20/2023 at 1:19 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

Never happened before.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:43 PM, Yggdrasil said:

This today, when opening my message box. 

35.JPG

I have experienced all of these. I took a screenshot too yesterday, I'll post it later. I have the ip address of the annoying site on it.

This morning, when I checked panku's message, I had twice the "checking browser" or " autorization to redirect" message...

• Like 1

Ok, here is the screenshot I talked about this morning. I hope it will help.

When I got back from work this evening, I opened a message and I had to go back THRICE because of these devil phishing sites !!

Sans titre.png

• Angry 4

Question.

To those getting the redirects - do you have an antivirus, anti-malware or the likes installed?

I have Malwarebytes Premium installed & it blocks the redirect, I can open & read all messages fine.

• Like 1

I messaged @SMK and asked him what he had, and he said he has ad blocker installed in his Chrome browser. It's also available for smartphones. 

• Like 1

I have Avast on my phone, and my friend's computer has Norton.

I use Opera on my phone and Firefox on the computer.

At work, there is also an antivirus (I don't remember which one) and the browser is Chrome.

I have the same problems on the three of them.

Today, I communicated with @Chu Liu Hsiang through pm's, and I had to go back thrice before being able to open her message...

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I have Avast on my phone, and my friend's computer has Norton.

I use Opera on my phone and Firefox on the computer.

At work, there is also an antivirus (I don't remember which one) and the browser is Chrome.

I have the same problems on the three of them.

Today, I communicated with @Chu Liu Hsiang through pm's, and I had to go back thrice before being able to open her message...

Try this. https://getadblock.com/en/chrome/ 

It works for @SMK and I've installed it too for my PC. I just haven't used it for my phone - Yet.

Saying that, I just tested it myself, by going into my messages and even though I have a virus blocker and ad blocker, I still had a virus phising pop up blocked.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yggdrasil said:

Try this. https://getadblock.com/en/chrome/ 

It works for @SMK and I've installed it too for my PC. I just haven't used it for my phone - Yet.

I know adblock, but I can't install it on my friend's computer, and now that I think of it, I wonder if he already has it, maybe.

Thanks for the link. I didn't know that it worked for the phones too.

Just now, ShawAngela said:

I know adblock, but I can't install it on my friend's computer, and now that I think of it, I wonder if he already has it, maybe.

And of course, I can't install anything on the computers at work, because I'm not an admin...

Just now, ShawAngela said:

Yes, it's on the Play store. And for Apple too, if you have that.