Enter the Clones of Bruce Lee (2023)

AlbertV

https://gizmodo.com/enter-the-clones-of-bruce-lee-trailer-exclusive-debut-1850519638

The long awaited documentary Michael Worth was a part of making on the Bruce Lee clones is debuting this Saturday at the Tribeca Film Festival.  Severin Films' official synopsis

“When Bruce Lee died in 1974 at the peak of his superstardom, he had completed only four feature films. But within hours of his funeral, Hong Kong movie studios began to produce hundreds of unauthorized biopics, sequels, prequels, spin-offs, and rip-offs starring a competing series of Lee lookalikes. Over the next decade, fueled by both deception and demand, ‘Bruceploitation’ would become a staple of global cinema.

Director David Gregory—who’d previously explored film’s transgressive edges in his award-winning documentaries Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley’s Island of Dr. Moreau and Blood & Flesh: The Reel Life & Ghastly Death of Al Adamson—now examines this uniquely ‘70s phenomenon via interviews with Bruce Li, Bruce Le, Bruce Liang and Dragon Lee; martial arts movie legends that include Angela Mao, David Chiang, Phillip Ko, Casanova Wong, Yasuaki Kurata, and Sammo Hung; and the producers, directors, distributors, and experts—along with copious clips from the films themselves—that for the first time reveal the history, controversy, and legacy behind one of the most bizarre and successful genres in movie history.”

You can find the trailer on the link above. 

• Like 6

sifu iron perm
4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@sifu iron perm, are you going to catch this at Fright Fest? if MW is there, can you ask him what's up with the poster book?

https://www.frightfest.co.uk/2023FrightFestLondon/enter-the-clones-of-bruce-lee.html?fbclid=IwAR1TPGU7UiFqGSQunFZR15Ghgtf1qBGFNTGBIP6i2LTmD1s2oixTN2Mh-Nc

Oh Shit!!!!

I have to go now

Thanks bro for the Nod.

• Like 2

Coliseum1972

I bet if Tim Burton was into martial arts films hed remake "Clones of BL" into more of a horror comedy with kung fu......then again BL estate would prolly sabotage it

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, Coliseum1972 said:

I bet if Tim Burton was into martial arts films hed remake "Clones of BL" into more of a horror comedy with kung fu......then again BL estate would prolly sabotage it

I think they should remake Clones now with Bruce Li, Bruce Le and Dragon Lee. There's still time!

With the rise in comic and movie cons i'm really surprised none of these events have brought over any of these legendary clones.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 7/13/2023 at 10:02 PM, sifu iron perm said:

Oh Shit!!!!

I have to go now

Thanks bro for the Nod.

Half hour before the start of the screening of Enter the Clones, EasternHeroes with Ricky and Simon are going to be talking to Frank Djeng and doing a live facebook stream.

Screenshot_2023-08-13 Enter the Clones of Bruce Lee - Frank Djang talks to Eastern Heroes 30mins before European premiere F[...].png

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
12 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Half hour before the start of the screening of Enter the Clones, EasternHeroes with Ricky and Simon are going to be talking to Frank Djeng and doing a live facebook stream.

Screenshot_2023-08-13 Enter the Clones of Bruce Lee - Frank Djang talks to Eastern Heroes 30mins before European premiere F[...].png

Ha. Yeah that's my mate organising the pre interview.  

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I was lucky enough to watch Enter the Clones of Bruce Lee today and I adored every moment. It has everything. It‘s informative as hell, has humor and has some genuinely emotional movements (especially from Bruce Li). It’s easily one of my favorite films of 2024 and I think all kung fu cinema fans - those that like Bruceploitation or not - will get a lot out of it.

• Like 4