Chameleon Films - Australia/NZ label for Asian Cinema

bickle14

One Armed Boxer
On 5/19/2023 at 8:55 AM, Yihetuan said:

Of course I had to order the slipcases for the previous 3 films and I don't want to cancel and go through ordering that shit again.

You and me both!

• Sad 1

Good news for those that ordered Chameleon Films 0-card slipcovers and the Election set at the same time. Finally shipping out!

Screenshot_2023-06-08 Facebook.png

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

According to Chameleon customer service for anyone that hasn't received their O-ring slipcovers and Election blu rays is due capacity issues at their warehouse but it will be resolved soon and packages will resume shipping.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

According to Chameleon customer service for anyone that hasn't received their O-ring slipcovers and Election blu rays is due capacity issues at their warehouse but it will be resolved soon and packages will resume shipping.

Got my shipping notification today.:smirking

• Like 2

11 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Got my shipping notification today.:smirking

Same here. I ordered the slipcover bundle along with the new Election release.

Edited by lastninja
  • Like 2

On 1st September I got the newsletter regarding their birthday sale. There was, among other things, to read about an upcoming new announcement:

"New announcement coming soon

We will be ready to tell you about our next title in the coming weeks. Here is a hint just for newsletter subscribers: fast-paced action and narrow escapes. We are assembling another humming Blu-ray release that will contain a booklet with new writing about the film and its creatives, a new audio commentary, archival and new interviews with cast and crew, newly translated English subtitles, and more. As per all our releases going forward, the package will be rounded off with a beautiful full gloss slipcase."

That hint makes it easy. It's "Devil Hunters" of course, haha. :cool

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 9:27 AM, lastninja said:

On 1st September I got the newsletter regarding their birthday sale. There was, among other things, to read about an upcoming new announcement:

"New announcement coming soon

We will be ready to tell you about our next title in the coming weeks. Here is a hint just for newsletter subscribers: fast-paced action and narrow escapes. We are assembling another humming Blu-ray release that will contain a booklet with new writing about the film and its creatives, a new audio commentary, archival and new interviews with cast and crew, newly translated English subtitles, and more. As per all our releases going forward, the package will be rounded off with a beautiful full gloss slipcase."

That hint makes it easy. It's "Devil Hunters" of course, haha. :cool

Anyone have any update? They haven't been active on social media in a couple months & last thing they posted was their "next" title was in the process of replication & then they just went MIA? Hope they're still in business.

On 11/9/2023 at 1:44 PM, Yihetuan said:

Anyone have any update? They haven't been active on social media in a couple months & last thing they posted was their "next" title was in the process of replication & then they just went MIA? Hope they're still in business.

Apparently, still working on the release. Frank Djeng said he declined on doing the commentary but thinks Arne and Mike are doing it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Asmo said:

Looks like a good one! 

The only clue given in the last newsletter about next week's announcement is "Fast paced action and narrow escapes" Any ideas on what it could be?

lastninja

The cutout of the cover looks more like a horror movie than an action film.

If you take the note from the newsletter and take into account the previous Chameleon publications surrounding Johnny To, it could be “Running Out Of Time”.

Edited by lastninja

I didn't even think of the clue being tire smoke as I remember Arrow picked this title up a long time ago but appears they did nothing with it. Anyway, entertaining cat and mouse action movie with some nice Chin Kar-lok car stunts.

If you want to hear the soundtrack to see if you might be interested in buying the special edition with the CD, here's the entire playlist here:

• Like 2

I ordered a copy of the special edition a few days ago. Can't wait to rewatch the movie.

• Like 1