Fantastic 4 (2025) - Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Joseph Quinn, Ebon Moss-Bachrach

AlbertV

At Disney's expo last night, it was officially confirmed that The Fantastic 4 will join the Marvel Cinematic Universe. While there's no announced cast, a director has been found and it is none other than Jon Watts, who is currently working on the third Spider-Man film.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

I'm so far behind that I just cannot get excited about any of these films. I'm going to try and catch up, but it would be nice if I could find an actual DVD collection of the movies, instead of having to buy each one separately. But all that I could find on Amazon was the Blue-Ray versions.

• Like 4

Cognoscente

I wonder what the tone will be like. The 2015 version had the potential to be Cronenberg-esque but the studio had cold feet.

• Like 2

At SDCC over the weekend, Kevin Feige confirmed that Fantastic 4 will be the kick off film for Phase 6, with a November 8, 2024 release date. After his appearance in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, could we have John Krasinski come back as Reed Richards?

There will be a new director as Jon Watts has decided to withdraw from directing due to "superhero overload" after directing the first three Spider-Man movies with Tom Holland.

krasinski-mr-fantastic.jpg?q=50&fit=crop

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Drunken Monk

Fantastic Four is my jam. I was raised collecting Fantastic Four and Iron Man comics and I want nothing than for Marvel to get this film right.

I'm fine with Kransinski but I'd rather they go with another actor. Partly because I feel like Krasinski was fan service, partly because he (spoiler alert) died in Doctor Strange 2 and partly because I feel like they could do better.

I just hope they get the action right this time around. The FF can be such a powerful team.

• Like 2

Matt Shakman, who directed episodes of WandaVision, is in talks to take over as director. If Shakman doesn't take the job, it may go to South African director Michael Matthews (Love and Monsters).

And this one will not be another origin story

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/fantastic-four-marvel-director-2024-movie-1235162665/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Mila Kunis has spoken with Matt Shakman, which is causing spec she may get the role of Susan Storm-Richards aka Invisible Woman

https://thedirect.com/article/fantastic-four-mila-kunis-casting-photos

Odd choice. I don’t quite see it. But I’be been proven wrong countless times when it comes to Marvel so I’m willing to set aside my reservations. If it is Mila Kunis, can she wear this Sue Storm costume?

49075075-217D-4C91-880D-10E80702D845.jpeg

• Like 1

Not a fan of Adam Driver and Mila seems too old for the part and not a good fit. The more this goes on the less I like the rumors. LoL. Hard to top Jessica Alba in her prime.

• Like 4

On 4/21/2023 at 9:12 AM, Drunken Monk said:

The rumor mill is saying Vanessa Kirby might be up for the Sue Richards role. I think I prefer her.

Also just read Alison Williams and Jodie Comer might be up for the role as well. Could go either way at this point. 

• Like 1

Antonio Banderas apparently is in talks to play Galactus and it's been revealed that the movie will not only introduce that character but that of Norrin Radd, aka The Silver Surfer.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Mila Kunis denied being in the upcoming FF, but said she knew about the casting and her lips were sealed.

On 4/28/2023 at 5:02 PM, Karlos said:

Galactus in Boots 

Now I want to see Galactus licking a planet like it was a saucer of milk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mila Kunis was apparently rumoured to be playing 'The Thing', not Sue Storm 😄

https://www.tmz.com/2023/04/29/mila-kunis-in-talks-rumor-play-fantastic-4-the-thing/

Anyway, the second FF movie with Jessica Alba and Chris Evans (whom I had a bit of a crush on at the time) is actually the last Marvel flick I've seen in theatres.

Even at home I can't say I've seen all that many since.

• Haha 2

Drunken Monk

At the risk of sounding a little controversial, Banderas would be a terrible choice for Galactus. Firstly, it would be weird for Galactus to have such a specific accent. But then t could be argued that Galactus having an American or British accent makes no sense either.

Plus, Banderas just doesn't have the physical gravitas. Unless Galactus is going to be entirely CGI and he'd just be lending his voice.

Also, Galactus is a shitty choice in villain. It's way too obvious and way too celestial. They should give the FF a grounded fight to start off their franchise.

I mean, come on... Mole Man and his Moloids could be so interesting is done right.

• Like 2

Here are the latest rumors from Joblo

Adam Driver is being courted for Reed Richards

Margot Robbie is being courted to play Sue Storm

Paul Mescal is being courted to play Johnny Storm

640px-Star_Wars-_The_Last_Jedi_Japan_Pre
Paul_Mescal_44.MVFF.jpg579067_v9_bb.jpg

• Like 1

DarthKato
24 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Here are the latest rumors from Joblo

Adam Driver is being courted for Reed Richards

Margot Robbie is being courted to play Sue Storm

Paul Mescal is being courted to play Johnny Storm

640px-Star_Wars-_The_Last_Jedi_Japan_Pre
Paul_Mescal_44.MVFF.jpg579067_v9_bb.jpg

Those are all pretty bad choices. Say what you will about the 2005 film, but at least the casting was excellent. 

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I can see Adam Driver and Margot Robbie as Reed and Sue but I’m struggling with Johnny. The casting just seems “off.”

I’m also taking this with a large pinch of salt. Robbie and Driver are MASSIVE star power. I’m surprised they can get them for a franchise that’s essentially failed three times. But it is Marvel and they pay big. So maybe…

• Like 2

I was looking forward to this but Adam Driver bores me and all I'll think with Robbie is hey its Harley as Sue. So many actors and actresses  out there and they keep dipping into the same well.  On top of that now their saying the Silver Surfer isn't in it. 

In my mind only the last FF was a failure. I still think 2005 and 2007 ones are entertaining...the only misstep for me was the guy that played Dr. Doom. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I can see Adam Driver and Margot Robbie as Reed and Sue but I’m struggling with Johnny. The casting just seems “off.”

Paul Mescal is playing the lead role in Gladiator 2 opposite Connie Nielsen and Denzel Washington and is being directed by Ridley Scott again. I have a feeling he may be busy with this to even play Johnny, depending on the schedule. 

We could always have Robbie's "doppelganger" Samara Weaving play Sue Storm if Robbie doesn't get the role IMO

undefined

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

I could go for Kiernan Shipka or Kathryn Newton as younger blonde choices. 

Oh and Dylan O'Brien as the Torch.

Edited by Scottfu