Skateboard Appreciation Thread

Koravec

50 minutes ago, Koravec said:

Apparently this wheelblade suit is a real thing.

I didn't realize how numerous they actually were.

• Like 4

Been really into this brand Madness skateboards, so much going on in the boards. Already have two lol.

They say "Designs and art inspired from original Madman himself, Goya."

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Anybody know the serial killer brand who also dabbled in skate decks, fashion, music etc. in the 90's? Been a fan for a few years now... Especially for their "offensive" shirts :tongueout

• Like 1

16 hours ago, laagi said:

Anybody know the serial killer brand who also dabbled in skate decks, fashion, music etc. in the 90's? Been a fan for a few years now... Especially for their "offensive" shirts :tongueout

🤔🤔 not positive I do, kind of in a similar vein to the Madness brand exploiting some mental patients in their vids and art at times. But the idolization of serial killers is a touchy subject to me, some horror movies can even be. But I also put Charles Manson on a pedestal of fascination and bought some stickers to slap on some boards so what can I say. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Koravec said:

🤔🤔 not positive I do, kind of in a similar vein to the Madness brand exploiting some mental patients in their vids and art at times. But the idolization of serial killers is a touchy subject to me, some horror movies can even be. But I also put Charles Manson on a pedestal of fascination and bought some stickers to slap on some boards so what can I say. 

Serial Killer was only their name :laugh They mostly used movie stills with some "tacky" slogan. See example below. They also had plenty of stickers to slap on your board...

m_5bf7e73d7386bc11fc28951c.jpg

• Like 2

About time for this remaster. Would be even greater if they put out another actually good Hawk game or Skate 4.

image.jpeg

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 2

recap from a few posts back, didnt even realize it was lenticular myself, wonder how that would wear from scratches, but wow

• Like 2

not skateboarding, but Bruce Lee's custom namemark on his bike as he rode to an interview in a video shared by @SMK.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Bruce Lee collage decks. Man these could look so cool together give the right movie room or space.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

A short lived brand called Shaolin Wood Company. Went by a slogan in a mag "Most companys sponsor pros, we sponsor Masters".

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Going to try to catch up on more of these classic skate tapes. Just watched The Search For Animal Chin (second one down from top) for the first time recently.

image.jpeg

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 2

Really cool to see Powell's still making new Steve Cabellaro deck designs. Wonder how he got his ankle injury, I feel his pain though walking on a sprained ankle rn. What a horribly dangerous sport skateboarding is. (stormtrooper photobomb)

image.jpeg

• Like 2

hilarious thumbnail, why do all the youtubers have to have that stupid fake surprised look on their face for views smh. He knows what hes doing lmao. Featuring a primitive naruto deck. 😮😮

image.jpeg

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 2

Classic young Tony, cool packaging for this bootleg toy. Really regret not grabbing one of those white Claw deck resissues like the one featured on the back a couple years ago.

tags: toys, figures

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Primitive x Sailor Moon collab announced. Really curious to see what this will ential as the past collaborations with dbz and naruto have been really extravagant. Theyre putting out some wild anime decks. 

0CF49BA4-A61F-48C7-BA4B-A11CA0AD4FCD.jpeg

• Like 1

Collected a bunch of these as a kid. Had to dig em out because I remember when I chucked them in a box 10 years ago or so haphazardly and was recently worried about the plastics being directly on top of eachother. Been on a bit of a toy kick in the recent years. Was too young or not film-wise enough to know the Bruce Lee or Rambo character references. Heres all the other asian fighting based ones lol.

7666FC28-922B-4D00-A9C1-BB80299FFC64.jpeg

• Like 3