Snake Eye's (2021) - Iko Uwais, Samara Weaving, Ursula Corbero, Andrew Koji, Henry Golding

DragonClaws

Snake Eyes: RED Filmmaker May Direct G.I. Joe Movie Spinoff?

Link- https://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/12/05/snake-eyes-red-filmmaker-may-direct-gi-joe-movie-spinoff

https://filmyhotspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/e7e30d2e-5ec5-4ac0-806b-590e7e8d5b35.jpg

Snake Eyes is the code name of a member of the G.I. Joe Team. He is the team's original commando, and much of his history and information, including his real name, place of birth and service number, have remained "CLASSIFIED" throughout all depictions of his origin. All that is known for certain is his rank/grade (originally U.S. Army Sergeant/E-5,[1] eventually reaching Sergeant First Class/E-7 before it too was made "CLASSIFIED"), his primary military specialty is infantry, and his secondary military specialty is hand-to-hand combat instructor. Snake Eyes was trained at the MACV Recondo School (Nha Trang),[2] and served in LRRPs in Southeast Asia with Stalker and Storm Shadow, eventually leaving the service to study martial arts with Storm Shadow's Arashikage ninja clan.[3] He has undergone drill sergeant training, and is a former U.S. Army Special Forces and Delta Force operator.[4] Very little else about his past has been revealed.

Snake Eyes was living a life of strict self-denial and seclusion in the High Sierras with a pet wolf named Timber, when he was recruited for the G.I. Joe Team. He is an expert in all NATO and Warsaw Pact small arms, and a black belt in 12 different fighting systems.[3] He is also highly skilled in the use of edged weapons, especially his Japanese sword and spike-knuckled trench knives, but is equally qualified with and willing to use firearms and explosives. Snake Eyes is quiet in his movements, and rarely relies on one set of weapons to the exclusion of others.

During one of his first missions for G.I. Joe, Snake Eyes' face was severely disfigured in a helicopter explosion. Since then, Snake Eyes has had extensive plastic surgery to repair the damage, but his vocal cords cannot be repaired.[5] He usually wears a black bodysuit, along with a balaclava and visor to cover his face. When out of his uniform, Snake Eyes is shown to be Caucasian with an athletic build, blonde hair, and blue eyes.

Snake Eyes has been shown in most continuities to be romantically involved with fellow team member Scarlett. He has also had several apprentices, including Kamakura, Tiger Claw, and Jinx.[6] His personal quote is "Move with the wind, and you will never be heard."[7]

Source Wikipedia, Link- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_Eyes_(G.I._Joe)

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

If they include Snake Eyes equal other half, Scarlett?, I wonder who they will cast in the role?, Rachel Nichols brought the character to life in the live-action, movie version's of the Toy Line.

Rachel-Nichols-as-Scarlett-gi-joe-film-s

• Like 3

DragonClaws

Details of the Snake Eye-'s movie plot revealed, along with a March 2020 release date.

Following confirmation that Paramount Pictures' Snake Eyes spinoff movie will be an origin story, a new report suggests the solo movie revolving around G.I. Joe's resident ninja will focus on his training with the Arashikage Clan in Japan.

According to That Hashtag Show, the film will detail Snake Eyes as a young adult traveling to the Asian continent after becoming a street brawler in Peru. There, he will reportedly train with Thomas, aka Storm Shadow, his brother-in-arms before he broke bad and joined the evil Cobra organization.

Source- https://www.cbr.com/gi-joe-snake-eyes-movie-details-report/

08ffafadd5a3edb9b361da22276753b6.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

Actor Henry Golding being considered for Snake Eye's role.

In the meantime, trade news is now cycling that he’s also being eyed for the title role of Snake Eyes for a new G.I. Joe spin-off that’s been in the works for some time now. Robert Schwentke (RED, Insurgent, Allegiant) is set to direct from a script by Evan Spiliotopolous (The Huntsman: Winter’s War).

Source- https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/snake-eyes-crazy-rich-asians-star-henry-goulding-to-don-iconic-black-ninja-garb-for-g-i-joe-spin-off/

• Like 3

There's now have a fight choreographer attached to this project.

UPDATE: Hot off the heels of the hit Netflix martial arts series Wu Assassins, stunt coordinator Kimani Ray Smith has signed on for Snake Eyes.

Also known for his stunt work on Deadpool and Deadpool 2, Smith will begin work on Snake Eyes this October in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

SOURCE: HN Entertainment

Some detials on the films plot.

“as a street fighter in Peru. Driven by the desire to avenge the death of his father, Snake Eyes is apparently a man on the move until he ends up in Japan, where he and his best friend, Tommy, aka Storm Shadow, will begin their training with the Arashikage Clan. The film will see at least 3 of the clan’s legendary masters as they train Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow as Hard Master, Soft Master and Blind Master are all set to appear. Also present at the Arashikage compound is the film’s female lead, Akita. In comic continuity, Junko Akita was an apprentice and lover of Storm Shadow; here she is the head of security and will be a love interest for Snake Eyes.

Source- http://www.maactioncinema.com/archives/9033

wudm94rmxhcyuggposcf.png

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

From - https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/snake-eyes-warrior-series-star-andrew-koji-nabs-the-role-of-storm-shadow-for-paramount-and-hasbro-film-spin-off/  

"Regarding some of the best casting news ever, it now appears that the forthcoming G.I. Joe spinoff a la Snake Eyes has found its antagonist in actor Andrew Koji for the role of Storm Shadow.  Koji, who is expected to recur for a second season offering in Cinemax series, Warrior, inherits the role from actor Lee Byung-Hun who portrayed the character in 2009 and 2013 under directors Stephen Sommers and Jon M. Chu."  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

"Regarding some of the best casting news ever, it now appears that the forthcoming G.I. Joe spinoff a la Snake Eyes has found its antagonist in actor Andrew Koji for the role of Storm Shadow.  Koji, who is expected to recur for a second season offering in Cinemax series, Warrior, inherits the role from actor Lee Byung-Hun who portrayed the character in 2009 and 2013 under directors Stephen Sommers and Jon M. Chu."  

Fantastic new's, after seeing his performance in The Warrior. He's more than capable of pulling of this role.

• Like 4

HN Entertainment recently reported that Paramount is also auditioning actresses to play the role of Cobra operative Baroness.

Link- https://hnentertainment.co/andrew-koji-reportedly-has-been-cast-as-storm-shadow-in-g-i-joe-spinoff-snake-eyes/

I wonder who's going to land this role?, anyone have any suggestions?.

Baroness_300_f72__5cbb1422862393.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

What kind of rating/market will they be going for?, PG-13 like the previous movies?. Which I think will be the most likely. Or will we end up with a more bloody R-Rated version?.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Iko Uwais would be another great addition to the cast, if his talks with Paramount work out.

Snake Eyes Adds The Raid Star Iko Uwais

Uwais will take on the role of Hard Master, teacher of the titular hero and previously played by Gerald Okamura in 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. He joins a cast that includes Henry Golding (Crazy Rich Asians) who will be playing the titular Snake Eyes.and Andrew Koji (Cinemax’s Warrior) who will play Storm Shadow.
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1097543-snake-eyes-adds-the-raid-star-iko-uwais#lVFw9WoVC1fdxF0j.99

Source- https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1097543-snake-eyes-adds-the-raid-star-iko-uwais

Hard Master(Seated)

419e0b9dcf20a6232e0efd74c58a763d.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

It's Official, Iko Uwais has now joined the cast of Snake Eye's, alongside fellow Asian actor Maynard Bagang.

Mr Uwais takes centre stage on this promo-poster for Wu Assassins.

66452118_148091439722878_177697730102078

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

p11-hernon-harukaabe-b-20170306.jpg

Actress Haruka Abe, is the latest person to join the cast of the up-coming GI-Joe spin-off. According to Film Combat Syndicate, she has joined the cst in an indisclosed role.

Link- https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/snake-eyes-shes-just-a-shadow-actress-haruka-abe-joins-cast/

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

On 9/29/2019 at 3:17 PM, DragonClaws said:

Has actress Ursula Corbero done any action-centric roles befor?.

She's on the Netflix show La Casa de Papel, also known as Money Heist

MV5BZmQxZWExMDktZmQwNS00ZWYyLTlkYjctZDNk

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Samara Weaving (Mayhem, Ready or Not) is set to play Scarlett

http://www.darkhorizons.com/weaving-joins-joe-spin-off-snake-eyes/

No disrespect to this young actress, but hoped we might get a lady with some Martial Art's background?.

Samara Weaving in Mayhem(2016)

ready-or-not-star-samara-weaving-will-pl

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Samara Weaving in Mayhem(2016)

ready-or-not-star-samara-weaving-will-pl

Yeah that would have been good, I envisioned Laura Vandervoort or Kathryn Winnick as both are great actresses and have martial arts backgrounds. Oh and that's Samara in Ready or Not.

This is Samara at her bat*** craziest in Mayhem with Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead, Voltron: Legendary Defender)

MV5BZmY0OWZiMzAtNWQ3Ny00OTgxLWEzNDAtOWNi

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Yeah that would have been good, I envisioned Laura Vandervoort or Kathryn Winnick as both are great actresses and have martial arts backgrounds. Oh and that's Samara in Ready or Not.

What about actress Emily Beecham, she'sno strange to Martial Art's action either.

Emily Beecham in a scene from Into The Badlands(2015).

766efc8e5fef49418d0af090f43618c8.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

What about actress Emily Beecham, she'sno strange to Martial Art's action either.

Emily Beecham in a scene from Into The Badlands(2015).

766efc8e5fef49418d0af090f43618c8.jpg

True...she does have the chops and trained with Deedee Ku and Daniel Wu for Into the Badlands. I think for experience though, Vandervoort is a 2nd-degree black belt in Shotokan Karate and Winnick does have a 3rd-degree black belt in Taekwondo and 2nd-degree in Karate as well as opening a school, Win Kai Dojo. So as much as I love Beecham, I think either of these two would have done more better action-wise. I wonder who will do the fights in Snake Eyes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

I wonder who will do the fights in Snake Eyes.

Kimani Ray Smith, I mentioned him in an earlier post in this thread.

• Like 3