Finding The Little Dragon In Unrelated Places

DragonClaws

Thought about starting this, after seeing a recent U.K Energy company. Using a cringeworthy Bruce Lee clone in a Game Of Death tracksuit. Then there's also a advert for an online Casin, that uses a guy in a G.O.D style jumpsuit weilding some matching yellow nunchaku. Dont recall the names of these firms, but it reminded me how much the Little Dragon turns up in all kinds of places. From the covers of energy drink cans, like in a recent post by @Phantom Dreamer or in more controversially in a Japanese Johnny Walker whisky advert. Maybe the ads I mentioned will turn up on YouTube at somepoint, so I can show fans just how bad they are.

Feel free to share you random Little Dragon related stuff here.

These home-made Volvic nunchaku wouldnt last long in a real fight.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pli-W-gBtSk/TqCRGqkEpPI/AAAAAAAAAR4/qHmoG8StxI8/s1600/bruceleeend+final.jpg

Vintage T.V Guide cover

421x538.jpg?1455191813

Game Of Death/Enter The Dragon inspired artwork.

http://78.media.tumblr.com/6713cfe421100760e564e77207261042/tumblr_nk9uqsX34Y1rkrwaco1_500.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 5

“This was one of those ideas that just worked on every level. What better way to launch a bold, disruptive brand focused on helping people master their energy, than with the ultimate master of control - Boost Lee. We’ve had a huge amount of fun working with the team at Boost and the Bruce Lee Estate to create this campaign and character. We can’t wait for the world to meet him too.”

dffaefd0f4d3aab8293ddef6f6cf647e.png

I think this guy might have been hit too many times by his home made nunchaku?.

The above has been taken from the following article about the Boost Lee energy advert campaign. Click on the link below for the article, and to access a video of the full advert, for those yet to see it. Personally I think they should have asked Dragon Lee to appear in the campaign, who is this pretender to the Bruce Lee Clone Throne?

Snap LDN Creates Bruce Lee-Inspired Spokesman Campaign for Boost

Link-https://lbbonline.com/news/snap-ldn-creates-bruce-lee-inspired-spokesman-campaign-for-boost/

Edited by DragonClaws

34 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Snap LDN Creates Bruce Lee-Inspired Spokesman Campaign for Boost

Link-https://lbbonline.com/news/snap-ldn-creates-bruce-lee-inspired-spokesman-campaign-for-boost/

I think the Shannon Lee quote in that article is the worst thing about it:

When we learned that the Boost proposition was about controlling your energy and customising your experience, we felt the alignment with the Bruce Lee message and philosophy were really pretty parallel. We hope that everyone will recognise the lighthearted fun with which the campaign was created while at the same time hitting some pretty deep messaging points!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I think the Shannon Lee quote in that article is the worst thing about it:

Agreed, it should translate to this, they gave us a pretty decent money offer, to use his likeness, and we accepted.

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU

Bruce did a really bad job, as a high net worth guy, of taking care of his family. That and f#$king everything in site, and being caught dead in the bed of another woman, that he openly told his wife he found attractive, I can understand cashing in. Inosantos and a lot of others made big money off their association with him, even though he had closed his schools. Insantos propagated his interest in Filipino arts as if they were the core of JKD. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Bruce did a really bad job, as a high net worth guy, of taking care of his family. That and f#$king everything in site, and being caught dead in the bed of another woman, that he openly told his wife he found attractive, I can understand cashing in.

Wether he slept with other women or not, the man worked very hard. His family never starved while he was alive, and they've not done bad since his passing. Others have made more money from Bruce Lee's hard work and sweat, than the man ever saw himself. He shouldnt have been sleeping around, while he had a family, I'm not conoding that. At the same time, I'm sure his famly could be comformable, even if Lee's face never adorned any product ever again.

As for Dan Inosanto, the guy's a class act in his own right, in terms of the Martial Arts. He knows Jeet Kune Do better than anyone here on this forum, and Lee made him his head instructor for a good reason. That gives him the right, to do as he pleases with his knowedge. The guy has to eat and support his family too.

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU

I see it different. According to Inosantos himself, Ted Wong and Taky Kimura outranked him. And he did that awful Bruce Li movie, that was super exploitative. My understanding is that his family was not in that good of a shape after he died. My beef with Insantos goes way back. Irregardless, I have talked to more than a few living philanderers who all have said, after they lost their family, they wished they were better husbands and fathers. I doubt Bruce would have cared if his family made money on his image. The guy was trying to become a superstar, so he appreciated the good life, obviously. It sucks for us, because it is tawdry, but I've seen worse, like using MLK's speech on a high tech commercial..............

Spoiler

PS, not trying to lose any friends over this. These discussions usually devolve into something better held on Bullshido, which has over 20 pages on "the real JKD". Life's too short to read them all, I haven't even had time to just catch my breath and watch my custom of Knife's Roaring!!

In closing, from Bill Murray in Meatballs-

• "Guys, it’s important for us to hustle at both ends of the court. We gotta make the offense work. We gotta play that big tough D, we gotta contain their big men inside. We gotta crash the boards on offense. We can’t give them the baseline at any price. But more important than the score of this game is to score at the big social at our place tonight. So, I want you guys to go out there and protect your balls at any cost. Bruce Lee, patron of self defense, pray for us!"
  • Like 2

TheFlyingPanda

The First day I met Ted Wong at a seminar my Sifu put together at his school, I could not believe my eyes how fast he was. Of curse we asked questions and he talked about Bruce's speed and amongst other stuff, exploitation. It was difficult to communicate some of my feelings of JKD with my Sifus since one of my teacher's was a student of Ted Wong and The other of Dan Inosanto's, they clashed at point of views and with each-other, but in the end I love Martial arts like my father loves Baseball, every little thing counts for me and All of his students contributions are valuable in the MA world.  Good Thread Dragon .

• Like 4

sifu iron perm
On 07/02/2018 at 1:44 PM, DragonClaws said:

What are your thoughts on that @sifu iron perm?.

i liked it, cheesy but the voice dub was on point  and the actor playing lee reminded me of bruce le from enter the game of death.

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

I love Dragon on the SNES, many don't. And technically it's based on the movie, so Jason Scott Lee rather than Bruce himself, but still.

I remember buying this back in the day............. it gave me AIDS.

xbox_990.jpg

• Like 4

JackieChanFan
21 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I'm no video game expert, but I dont think there's ever been a decent game, based on the Little Dragon to date?.

You can play as Bruce Lee as a downloadable character for EA SPORTS UFC  games, those are fairly decent games. There is also a mobile game Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior HD, never played it but it looks fun & i've heard good things about it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JackieChanFan said:

You can play as Bruce Lee as a downloadable character for EA SPORTS UFC  games, those are fairly decent games.

It looks like they've beefed him up a bit, for the UFC game, still a very good likeness.

ufc-trailer-bruce-lee.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Robert Downey Jr. seems to like shitty Photoshopped Bruce Lee shirts...

LOL years before that T-Shirt was about, fans used to photo shop headphones onto the same Bruce Lee image on forums, in many cases, they did it better. Then someone had the of putting into onto a t-shirt.

• Like 2

This Nokia advertising blurb says a lot about the world of advertisement, and selling products to the masses. They certianly made a nice profit from using the Little Dragons image. Why seek out rare footage for a few hardcore fans?, when there are companies like this, offering large amounts of money to us the BL name.

Click on the image, to enlarge.

nokiabruce.jpg