Series and Shaw Brothers' movies

ShawAngela

Legend of Yung Ching ; Dynasty I ATV ; Legend of Ching lady aka Lu Si Niang TVB

This series is related to the Shaws' movie The lady assassin, showing the struggle between Kang Xi's emperor' sons in order to get the throne and the feud between Lu Si Niang and Yong Zhen.

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 2

The lamp lore (both movie and series) TVB

These series/movies are related to the Shaws' movie The Lotus Lamp with the late Lin Dai.

• Like 2

Ci Ma Taiwan 1992 ; Ci Ma contained in the CTV series The top ten assassins 1976

These series is related to the Shaws' movie Blood brothers.

David Chiang plays in the 1992 one, but I haven't had time to watch it as yet, so, I'm not sure if he plays the same role he played in the movie, or if he plays the role of Ma Xing Yi (Ti Lung's role).

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 2

Ma Yong Zhen ATV

This series with Pai Piao (unless it's Chen Kuan Tai, I don't remember) is related to the Shaws' movie The boxer from Shantung.

• Like 2

Wong Fei Hung TVB 1976

This series is related to the Shaws' movies Challenge of the masters and Martial club, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 2

The serpentine romance TVB ; The legendary white snake ATV ; Madame white snake (China ? )

All these series are related to the Shaws' Madam White Snake

• Like 2

Three heroes and five gallants ; The seven heroes and five gallants ; The conspiracy of the eunuch TVB

These series are related to King cat and Cat vs rat, since some of the characters from these movies were part of the five gallants who served Judge Bao.

They are also related to House of traps, since Chin Siu Ho's Bai Yu tang works for Judge Bao.

The TVB series I mention is precisely more focused on Bai Yu Tang's story.

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 2

By royal decree aka 12 gold plaques ATV 1984  ; Legend of Yue Fei ATV 1994

These series is related to the Shaws' 12 gold medallions.

• Like 2

Unyielding Master Lim TVB 1986

While looking for something in the internet, I came across an interesting information about this series.

Not only its aka is Ling Chong, but it tells the story of the hero Ling Chong, so, it must be related for sure to the Shaws' movie Pursuit, since I heard this movie is mainly telling the story of the hero of the Water Margin Ling Chong.

I have had this series for years in my collection and still hadn't decided to sit down and watch it, but knowing this now makes me have the desire to watch it...Plus the fact that Ling Chong is played by Eddy Ko Hung, I guess that it must be an interesting series, though a less talked about one...

• Like 3

ChillyChong
On 8/11/2017 at 11:32 PM, ShawAngela said:

Heaven sword and dragon sabre TVB

Watching this now. Bit struggling as don`t like english dubs but this asian dvd set has dub only. And haven`t seen wu xia serie before I guess haven`t used to thing yet story movies lot slower than in movies. Most scenes seems like go on and on...music is great

• Like 1

ShawAngela
6 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Watching this now. Bit struggling as don`t like english dubs but this asian dvd set has dub only. And haven`t seen wu xia serie before I guess haven`t used to thing yet story movies lot slower than in movies. Most scenes seems like go on and on...music is great

Adam Cheng and Liza Wang sing. How many episodes did you watch so far ?

• Like 1

ChillyChong
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Adam Cheng and Liza Wang sing. How many episodes did you watch so far ?

Not that many..still on dvd1, it is about 3,5 hours playtime I guess am around 2 hours now and continue later tonight.

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 2

whitesnake
Posted (edited)

The Shaw Brothers' movies, Bastard Swordsman (1983) and Return of the Bastard Swordsman (1984) are based on a 1979 TV series, Reincarnated (aka The Transformation of the Heavenly Silkworm). Norman Chu Siu-Keung played the main character, Yun Fei Yang in the TV series and the Bastard Swordsman movies. A friend videotaped scenes from the TV series for me back in the day. 

Sources:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard_Swordsman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnated_(TV_series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard_Swordsman 

The TV Series - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1988438/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_129_act

Edited by whitesnake
  • Like 1

ShawAngela
4 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Not that many..still on dvd1, it is about 3,5 hours playtime I guess am around 2 hours now and continue later tonight.

Just to be sure, you are watching the 1976 TVB series with Adam Cheng, right ? Or are you watching the later one with Tony Leung ?

• Like 1

ChillyChong
4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Just to be sure, you are watching the 1976 TVB series with Adam Cheng, right ? Or are you watching the later one with Tony Leung ?

IMG_20240102_045257.jpg

• Like 2

ChillyChong
On 8/11/2017 at 11:32 PM, ShawAngela said:

Heaven sword and dragon sabre TVB

Did I miss something in dialogue or was it something told in novel but not in serie as it made absolutely no sense why Cheung pretended his legs were broken:thinking

ShawAngela
4 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Did I miss something in dialogue or was it something told in novel but not in serie as it made absolutely no sense why Cheung pretended his legs were broken:thinking

Do you mean Adam Cheng's character ? I watched the series long ago, but it seems to me that he was kind of poisoned and couldn,t walk, unless I'm mistaken.

ChillyChong
3 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Do you mean Adam Cheng's character ? I watched the series long ago, but it seems to me that he was kind of poisoned and couldn,t walk, unless I'm mistaken.

Yes. He fell into sort of cave complex with bad guy but he walks then and when gets out he just lays on the ground when girl sees him. She uses poison spider to herself(and gets ugly face). The for a while others carry him but during big group fight just decides to get up. It not any footage is missing it is minor thing but quite weird anyway.

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, ChillyChong said:

Yes. He fell into sort of cave complex with bad guy but he walks then and when gets out he just lays on the ground when girl sees him. She uses poison spider to herself(and gets ugly face). The for a while others carry him but during big group fight just decides to get up. It not any footage is missing it is minor thing but quite weird anyway.

I'll have to watch it again...

ChillyChong
On 1/22/2024 at 10:57 PM, ShawAngela said:

I'll have to watch it again...

Sequence begins immediately after Adam Cheng appears, character who falls to pit in mountain with baddie is kid but then gets older as AC replaces him. In about middle of DVD2

• Like 1