Cobra Kai (2018-2025) William Zabka, Ralph Macchio, Tanner Buchanan, Xolo Mariduena, Mary Mouser, Peyton List

AlbertV

Season 5 is awesome!!! 

Spoiler

Mike Barnes and Jessica Andrews (Sean Kanan and Robyn Lively) are back from The Karate Kid III, Kanan returns in episode 3 and Lively in episode 5. 

I'm digging Alicia Hannah-Kim's ruthless Kim Da-Eun. She is ruthless! She and Terry are two peas in a pod for sure. 

I feel like this is a season about one word: redemption. It looks to be redemption for some of the main characters here and one particular supporting character. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

Best show on tv imo. That was the best season by far. Chozen stole every scene he was in.  I’m talkin Emmy consideration kind of acting, maybe best supporting? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Best show on tv imo. That was the best season by far. Chozen stole every scene he was in.  I’m talkin Emmy consideration kind of acting, maybe best supporting? 

Yes and I have a feeling we'll be getting more Mike Barnes in Season 6

• Like 2

One of the better seasons IMO. More focus on the legacy characters, less on the teen drama and silly relationship misunderstandings (though there is still some of that). The finale is super intense!  
Also, I love every time they do a Kreese flashback. They’ve really made him an interesting character. Never thought I’d like a “villain” so much…

Edited by massa_yoda
  • Like 4

Best season by far. Loved the way they further developed Thomas Ian Griffith's Terry Silver and his dirty schemes, and Sean Kanan's return as Mike Barnes was welcoming -- despite his lack of overall screen-time in the season (more to come later on). Yuji Okumoto's Chozen Toguchi was the season's highlight: Intense, funny, and treated as a holy grail of the whole KK franchise. Also seeing three of LaRusso's main antagonists (Lawrence, Touguchi, Barnes) face each other, and teaming up against Silver was something far beyond my imagination. The filmmakers made it all happen, and it's one of those moments where you can't help but feel over-joyed and hyped over. Let's see what they will bring us with season 6...

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

Well, I'll be damned. I can only echo what's already been said. Easily the best season so far!

Cobra Kai really has no right to still be this entertaining LOL. Amazing on how they basically re-use the same story but still manage to make it feel fresh with simply adding a few nuances. Hats off to the entire team!

My only real gripe was that Mike Barnes really should've had more screen time. But I'm sure that's something we can look forward to in the next season. I'm so stocked and can't wait!

• Like 2

On 9/10/2022 at 4:16 PM, massa_yoda said:

One of the better seasons IMO. More focus on the legacy characters, less on the teen drama and silly relationship misunderstandings (though there is still some of that). The finale is super intense!  
Also, I love every time they do a Kreese flashback. They’ve really made him an interesting character. Never thought I’d like a “villain” so much…

Johnny and Kreese make the show IMO. Daniel is entertaining but almost in a side-kick way.

• Like 3

On 1/20/2023 at 7:16 PM, laagi said:

Going out in style. I can appreciate that! Although they do leave a back door open for future projects :yociexp114:

There was a confirmation that Sony is developing a new Karate Kid film that's part of the canon original franchise, although it will not be related to Cobra Kai. So I'm not sure how that's going to go.

https://hypebeast.com/2022/9/sony-pictures-announces-new-karate-kid-film-june-2024-release

• Like 1

S1 was good but the rest have been shit. Yeah the nostalgia is nice and all but the kiddie feuds are cringe as hell.

Terry Silver will always be awesome though.

I really don't like Daniel. Just comes across as a know it all and show off.

The kids all suck!

Thank fuck S6 is the last.

• Like 2

I find the intrigue more engaging than the actual martial arts part, which just feels too unrealistic.

The tournament bits are always interesting though.

S2 and S3 are the best in my view. I didn't like S5 so much, so stopping at S6 may be a good move.

• Like 1

The trio who created the series first said when season 1 came, they had always planned a story to have gone 6 seasons and looks like with two words: mission accomplished! Here's hoping we get at least an appearance from Hilary Swank as Julie Pierce. Could be a good thing to pit Julie against Alicia Hannah-Kim's Kim Da-Eun in one theory as Julie was a protege of Miyagi as well. 

• Like 1

CaldoTheKid

Did anyone else feel bad for Terry Silver when Kreese truly resurrects him? I believe it's Season 4 episode 7 of Cobra Kai when Kreese gives Silver a prep talk. Silver has been trying so long to be the good guy but after this talk he goes fuck it.

• Like 2

While Cobra Kai season 6 is the last there is talk of some spinoffs as Jon Hurwitz mentioned there is more to tell in terms of where some of the characters could go. 

https://www.cbr.com/cobra-kai-possible-spinoffs-tease/

Plus we now will have Daniel and Mr. Han cross paths in the new Karate Kid film.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Shooting begins today on the final season and according to Xolo Mariduena, it might be a 6-month shoot. According to co-creator Hayden Schlossberg, the series will still comprise of 10 episodes, but they will be a bit longer, especially the series finale. 

https://screenrant.com/cobra-kai-season-6-episode-count-runtime-creator/

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/cobra-kai-season-6-filming-begins-and-new-casting-calls-issued/

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
31 minutes ago, laagi said:

OMG it's happening... YES!

Choreography by -

952fe127fccf8a2a3c984e8fa581e129.gif

Top notch top shelf shit.

• Confused 1

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

@laagi Yeah I'm not a fan of this show. I'll be watching this last season to see how it ends but it's been mostly poor for me.

I liked the 1st season but after that it became a bunch of annoying teenage twats moaning about pointless shit while Daniel and Johnny argue like bitches.

I found it relied on nostalgia way too much to the point it got old!

The only good thing I liked was the brief Cobra Kai reunion and Terry Silver who I love as a character (the guy seems cool too irl).

In an alternative world, I wish SIlver and Kreese (and their stunt doubles) beat the living shit out of everyone. Long live Cobra Kai!

Also I want this Cobra Kai guy (hey that rhymes) to make a cameo -

T4Ab.gif

:D

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1

laagi
1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

@laagi Yeah I'm not a fan of this show. I'll be watching this last season to see how it ends but it's been mostly poor for me.

I liked the 1st season but after that it became a bunch of annoying teenage twats moaning about pointless shit while Daniel and Johnny argue like bitches.

I found it relied on nostalgia way too much to the point it got old!

The only good thing I liked was the brief Cobra Kai reunion and Terry Silver who I love as a character (the guy seems cool too irl).

In an alternative world, I wish SIlver and Kreese (and their stunt doubles) beat the living shit out of everyone. Long live Cobra Kai!

Also I want this Cobra Kai guy (hey that rhymes) to make a cameo -

T4Ab.gif

:D

The show certainly has it's flaws but to me at least for the most part it's nostalgia done right. It seems to be one of these rare cases to fill the gap between old and new fandom. So kudos to the producers for that fact alone!

Clearly if you start taking it apart it's probably a bit alarming that two grown men "use" kids to fight out their own (teenage) rivalry, but I'm pretty forgiving here (for once). And that's coming from someone who didn't grow up with 'The Karate Kid'.

I'm looking forward to the last season! Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
4 minutes ago, laagi said:

The show certainly has it's flaws but to me at least for the most part it's nostalgia done right. It seems to be one of these rare cases to fill the gap between old and new fandom. So kudos to the producers for that fact alone!

Clearly if you start taking it apart it's probably a bit alarming that two grown men "use" kids to fight out their own (teenage) rivalry, but I'm pretty forgiving here (for once). And that's coming from someone who didn't grow up with 'The Karate Kid'.

I'm looking forward to the last season! Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy.

That's cool. :)

I do wish Sliver had been brought into the show earlier so we could of gotten more of him. He really was the highlight of it all. He reminds me a bit of an Anime villain at times.

Him in KK3 was so cool! I was hoping the Cobra Kai series would be maybe more adult and graphic. A full blown psycho Silver would be awesome!

59e5df3e8141306d15db4af02cd2df4327d383a9

• Like 1