Mortal Kombat (2021) - Joe Taslim, Ludi Lin, Jessica McNamee, Hiroyuki Sanada

DragonClaws

Over two years later and it now looks like the movie is looking for a bit of a speed-up. It is being rumored that Joel Edgerton (Warrior, Bright) is being courted for the role of Kano.

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/07/exclusive-mortal-kombat-reboot-interested-in-joel-edgerton-as-kano-character-list-update/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

New Line Cinema has reportedly set the date for March 5, 2021 with production having just begun at Adelaide Studios’ Sound Stages in South Australia as cameras roll later this year.

Source- https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/mortal-kombat-begins-production-sets-release-date/

scorpion-mortal-kombat-taylan-apukovska.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Greg Russo, who is writing the new Mortal Kombat movie, has told fans on Twitter that the film will be definitely R-rated and it will have the one element that the video games are known for...fatalities!

“Since it’s already been stated by other members of the team, I’m gonna put this one to bed. MK WILL be R-Rated and for the first time EVER, FATALITIES will FINALLY be on the big screen (and no I’m not gonna say which ones) You’ll just have to wait for the movie & see!!! ;)”

• Like 2

Jessica McNamee is set to play Sonya Blade and Kano has been found and he will be played by Josh Lawson.

Lewis Tan is also in negotiations to play an unnamed leading character (maybe Kung Lao, Scorpion, or Shang Tsung?)

Source: Bloody Disgusting

sonya-blade.png?w=1511&ssl=1

lawson.jpg?resize=768%2C512&ssl=1

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Cast Recap (will be updated with more casting news)

Ludi Lin as Liu Kang
Jessica McNamee as Sonya Blade
Josh Lawson as Kano
Joe Taslim
as Sub-Zero
Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion
Tadanobu Asano as Raiden
Mehcad Brooks as Jackson "Jax" Briggs
Sisi Stringer as Mileena
Chin Han as Shang Tsung
Max Huang as Kung Lao
Lewis Tan as TBN (To Be Named)

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

This is going to sound crazy, but they did say Lewis Tan is in an undisclosed role. Why do I have this very weird feeling/vibe he is going to be announced as Johnny Cage? Who do you all think Tan will be playing?

Lewis_Tan_Mortal_Kombat.jpg

latest?cb=20190227213436

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 5:42 PM, AlbertV said:

This is going to sound crazy, but they did say Lewis Tan is in an undisclosed role. Why do I have this very weird feeling/vibe he is going to be announced as Johnny Cage? Who do you all think Tan will be playing?

Maybe John Cena would be up for the role?, would like to see the shortlist of names they have for this part.

• Like 1

Stunt performer Elissa Cadwell is set to play Nitara in the up-coming movie.

Elissa-Cadwell.png

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

This news comes via the team over at Film Combat Syndicate.

MORTAL KOMBAT Bows In January 2021

Surce- https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/mortal-kombat-bows-in-january-2021/

McQuoid, previously a commercial director, makes his feature debut at the helm from a script by Greg Russo who himself has promised fans that the film will garner an R-rating. James Wan is producing along with Todd Garner. Larry Kasanoff, E. Bennett Walsh, Michael Clear and Jeremy Stein are exec producing.

cheeseng-yow-il1508-2-yowcheeseng-150528

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Lewis Tan was asked about the film's new use of the "fatalities" and well, it's going to be pretty graphic and practical effects with minimal CGI are being used. Tan was on set to witness some of them and said:

“Let me just say this, there were some days on set that I felt sick. I’m not kidding. They did not… They did not hold back.”

Horror films for the record, are really delving back into using more practical effects instead of heavy CGI, so for me, MK using practical effects for the fatalities are going to be insane and awesome!

• Like 2

On 7/23/2020 at 10:39 PM, AlbertV said:

Lewis Tan was asked about the film's new use of the "fatalities" and well, it's going to be pretty graphic and practical effects with minimal CGI are being used. Tan was on set to witness some of them and said:

They should hire Tom Savini.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

They should hire Tom Savini.

That would be cool if he was still mostly hands-on with his works. He only does temporary hands-on work now as he is semi-retired due to arthritis in his hands. It was mentioned in his documentary, but I think KNB is doing the FX and if that's the case, that's going to be well worth it as I believe some of the crew are proteges of Savini himself.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2020 at 8:24 PM, AlbertV said:

that's going to be well worth it as I believe some of the crew are proteges of Savini himself.

He has his own movie SFX academy or school, it appears on the Netflix documentary about him.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2