READ BEFORE YOU TRADE-Sellers and traders to avoid.

Linn1

Guest teako170

Never thought I would be posting in this thread, however, I wish to warn my fellow KFF members of the following individual:

ID: "heroes tear"

eBay ID: "all_years_leaving"

Middlesbrough, Cleveland, UK

email: bonji_la@ntlworld.com

This individual posted his intent on selling some mags here and then later on eBay. After auction's end, he defaulted on his end of the bargain and I was forced to file a Seller Non-Performance report with eBay.

A complete summary of the events have been posted here.

Guest platinumrich

update:

ok,saint contacted me about 2 weeks ago,and apologized about the deal. he sent me the original movies with some extra's which i have just recieved.

Guest Markgway

Ahh, it's very sad that Ozzieny has chosen to embarrass himself in this way. I was going to let his insulting, accusitory behaviour stay private, but since he's dragged my name into here and made his grudge public, I feel I must respond. I gave Oscar exactly what he asked for in our trade and upon receipt of said items drummed up a load of complaints against most of the eight DVD-Rs sent. Now has anyone here had one bad disc from me let alone five or six? I've saved all Oscar's e-mails as well as my responses so unless Oscar retracts his defamatory statement I may be forced to make them public so you can see for yourselves what has occured. I should also point out that ALL of the items sent to Oscar were via trades from users of THIS forum. So basically if you've traded with me recently he maybe insulting your goods. I won't name names at present. To address the main criticisms made: Return of the Chinese Boxer was not duped from a VHS. It was taken from the Crash Cinema DVD. The battered print is not my fault. This was the only question Oscar asked before trading and when I told him about the print he accepted the consequences. Clearly this has slipped his mind since. As for the scratches, I would say that I don't check DVD-Rs because I treat them as dispossible; stop-gaps until a proper DVD comes along. If a disc I received from another trader is scratched then I'm sorry about that and said so in my mails, but the DVD-R played perfect from my standpoint, and even Oscar admitted the disc worked on his machine. I could understand demanding a replacement for a DVD, but a DVD-R of a widely available title? The three-on-one DVD-R is a copy of a budget-priced bootleg package from the US; any flaws with this lie with the original distributor. When I got this DVD-R from a certain trader - no DVD-Rs I trade are made by myself - I made no complaints and understood that he was being ecconomic. Since Oscar asked no questions about any of these titles I have no idea what he was expecting or what exactly he wanted? He chose the titles from a list - the same list you all know - and that was it. Now I get accused of allsorts. At one stage Oscar demanded most of the discs be replaced. I explained the situation - much as I'm doing now - and he relented, commenting that actually a couple of them weren't so bad after all (apparently it was my fault that The Fast Sword has occasionally jitters!) Now he just wants three (or is it two now) replaced? I felt that due to the nature of the trade - he sent me copies of films from the likes of VideoAsia, including 2-on-1 jobs I never asked for - it was not reasonable to request compensation. I made no complaint about the very issues he criticised me for. Clearly it was one rule for him and another much harsher one for me. If Oscar had asked in advance about multiple discs - which are commonplace these days: see HK Flix - I would have told him truthfully. He didn't. Anyone who trades with me knows I always give honest answers and opinions on the stuff I trade. Oscar is punishing me for not doing his own homework. The only element that I am guilty of is not checking DVD-Rs to look for scratches - something I'll try to do from now on. I said to Oscar - and this is something he didn't mention, natch - that if he had any trouble playing The Return of the Chinese Boxer I would send something in its place. I tried to be reasonable in my reponses and withheld my irritation as much as I could, but what can you say when someone tells you to "stick your discs up your ass"???

Guest vlade2002

Alright, Markgway isnt a bad trader. We all have little ups and downs in trades.

Theres no reason to say those things. I did a trade with him a few times, and lots of others. Nobody is 100%. We move on, and keep trading.

Can't give the guy a bad name after a few communication problems now, its not like one guy was payed good money and other guy never recieved the goods, or got a completely different title (bootleg or whatever).

My thoughts in general.

Some people simply can't trade, they don't have common sense. Maybe its poor upbringing, or maybe they don't have a clue how to treat people (and thats very sad). Those people end in big trouble eventually, if your going around ripping people off and screwing them around, and taking them for granted, or! thinking you can do what ever you want (due to arrogance) - then good luck, because someday it will come straight back at ya, and much worse.

Guest vlade2002

I'd like to also point out. The section were I wrote - My thoughts in general (thats got nothing to do with ozzieny or Markgway) they are my normal everyday thoughts.

As you can see, my comments to ozzieny were reasonable. Some people just can't reason, and usually the alternative is not good (a pity, I can't give you an example).

Keeping the bishop happy! thats what its all about ozzieny, bringing it public will only involve everyone else. The thing is :) Markgway is a respectable member, and been here for years like myself. I have been informed about the whole situation in PM's. I'll keep posting my thoughts since I Payed my dues (ezSupporter) I like to get what I payed for, and then some... if you know what I mean :P

Guest vlade2002

I hope you sort it out. Why doesn't he just refund you the money, and you return the goods. Start fresh, or somthing.

I'd ask for a refund. Markgway, thats reasonable isnt it. Theres no point going on about it all day, obviously ozzieny isnt happy - and I wouldn't ignore that if I was the dealer. I like for people to be happy for what they recieve, if they don't like (for whatever reasons) I can't argue about it, just make them happy, help them out (thats just me).

Thats all I can say on this matter now, and lets not get all nasty on each other - theres other issues, i'll see you around the boards :)

Have a nice weekend.

Guest Markgway

For the record: I did not "recruit", "ask", "encourage", "suggest" or "cajole" Vlade into posting anything on my behalf. His comments were made entirely of his own volition. Unfortunately it does appear from Vlade's wording as though I may have done just that, but this is certainly not the case as I'm sure Vlade will confirm. I need no one to fight my battles. My response was worded well and made any points that had to be made. Because you chose to ignore them is not my look out. You, Oscar, are not a reasonable trader. I admitted my error in not checking the discs for scratches, and informed you that I would replace any item that didn't work (something you continually neglect to mention here). Did you even try Return of the Chinese Boxer? My offer still stands. But when someone blasts me via e-mail for sending a bunch of crap, when the majority of the discs were fine, you can understand my reticence to sucumb to bullying in an attempt to force replacements (a refund isn't applicible Vlade because I never paid for anything). As for Vlade's comment that I told him the whole story... I'm not sure what he meant because I hardly eloborated on what was posted above and only mentioned it AFTER Vlade had posted here. Again, Vlade will back this up. At any rate, Oscar, your attempts to demonise me over a difference of opinion are pathetic and everyone here knows it. I don't expect you to edit your remarks because you're presumably 47 going on 9 but at least go easy on Vlade, who's (misguided) attempt at some sort of mediation is in vain.

Guest vlade2002

Yes , i'll confirm I replied on my own. I think thats obvious though, I mean as if Markgway or anyone ask for assistance on this.

There was a simular thing going here with Hanak, and people helped him out. People don't wanto see a fellow trader with a good track record go through this. Marks record is a good one on here, and on other forums.

Markgway isn't the one to call people for help. Its online - sometimes you can't get the right things across, "communication". Sometimes you can't help, and sometimes if you don't try and help you can be part of the problem (so, what do you do).

If you don't act civilized, and if you go on here "name calling" or using bad language, people forget about the issue, and generally don't care about the complaint - its like when your a kid, and you do somthing "naughty" in school, you then come home and get a grilling from your parents, then you swear... as soon as you swear and use some bad language! that becomes the main issue, forget about the trouble you caused at school, language and the way you present your arguement will make or break you :) simple facts of life? maybe, maybe not.

;)

Guest Markgway

I originally had no intention of making any negative comment about Oscar regardless of what he sent me quality-wise as long as it played. That's how trading DVD-Rs works. However, popping in the second of the discs Oscar sent me (after Fists of the Double K) has led me to break that self-imposed rule. Oscar berated me in private and public for sending poor quality transfers of Kung Fu films, yet his dupe of Deadly China Doll taken from the Pan Media DVD looks and sounds as though someone has wiped their arse with it! I guarantee it is in worse shape that ANY of the titles I sent. Here's a brief quote from HK Flix: "This DVD has horribly, horribly bad video quality. It is dark and seems to have more scratches than it does actual picture. We are not accepting returns on this DVD." And they sell the damn thing!! For Oscar to take the moral high ground here is a joke - and an offensive, deceptive one at that. Oscar I'm going to give you a chance to remove my name from this list otherwise I will be forced to not only add yours but file a complaint with the moderators due to defamation of character. I have the e-mails, the posts made here and the DVD-Rs as proof. Anyone who's seen Pan Media's Deadly China Doll will of course know what I'm talking about. Get your act together Oscar and that's not a request.

Guest justkungfuman

I think Linn started this post to let others know of Sellers and Traders to avoid. Not to start a personal vandetta against someone. 1 bad trade doe's not mean a person is a bad trader, mostly since you did get what you traded for!!! I mean come on guy's quality on some of these rare classics are as good as your going to get. and also I feel a bad trader or seller is someone who cheats you!! You send money to a seller and you don't get what you paid for, then that's a bad seller. You send your part of the trade and the other person don't then that's a bad trader. Many of us have been ripped off by sellers and traders.

Many of us on this forum know who we want to trade with!!

Actually most of us would trade with someone we have never traded with to find a rare classic to add to our collection. It's a chance we take!!! If it goe's good then we trade with them again and again!!

None of us are perfect, and when it come's to collecting Kung Fu movies none of us can be, quality that is good enough for you may not be good enough for the other person. That's why you as a trader should ask the right questions. Like what's the quality say from 1 to 5 then you can determine weather or not to go through with the trade. Because if you choose to go through with the trade with out asking questions, then it's just as much your fought as it is the person your trading with...

My two cents........

Guest beardy82

Justkungfuman is indeed right, but my point was that I think it is wrong for any trader to not want to send his trade until his comes in and then not want to give me the copies I wanted because he wasnt happy with his copies he recieved. I just think that is wrong whoever it is. A deal is a deal!!!

Guest Knockabout

Okay I think I'll take Ozzieny's side on this one. I've trade with him, and I've been very satisfied with what I got. He seems to me, to be a honest man, and I can only recommend others to trade with him as well.

(I haven't traded with either Markgway or Beardy82, so this is nothing personal)..

I just thought I would give you all my views of some of the things discussed here.

Beardy82: I agree, it's wrong to change the terms of a deal after only one of the involved has fulfilled his part.. BUT.. When you say that you've no problem with sending your discs for Ozzieny to check out, before he sends you your discs, even I would be a bit hesitant NOT to change the deal, when 5 of the discs I checked out wasn't working...

Markgway: You did deliver the goods, and as far as I can understand they all worked (in spite of scratches and all), so you definitely DON'T belong on the list of traders to avoid.. BUT.. I do think a GOOD trader would've informed the other recipient about the quality. When you put 3 movies on 1 disc, it'll always hurt the quality..

Secondly, I think you make it sound like Ozzieny is a bad trader because of what you got - ie. Deadly China Doll. That's not the case as I see it, since you probably got a perfect copy of his ORIGINAL Pan Media disc (which apparently is truly horrible, as you pointed out for yourself by citing the HK Flix warning). Therefore Ozzieny can't the blamed for the bad quality on this, because it's simply not his fault (in opposition to the quality reduction you get, when you put 3 movies on 1 disc). You wanted a copy of his Pan Media disc, and you got it - sounds like Ozzieny did his part perfect? And if you're not happy with the result, complain to Pan Media - NOT Ozzieny.

Cheers everybody,

Michael