Official KF Fandom Hip Hop Thread!

Guest Chen Zhen

Guest HAZ74

Stunts blunts & hip hop was promo vinyl. The og is rare & expensive. Everything else is a bootleg, even if it has a picture cover.

Guest pressureworld

Diamond D was on point so was Lord Finesse his first album Funky Technician was a underground classic IMO Diamond D & Primo on the production plus Lord and Andre the Giant went hard with all that back to back flowing. Those were the days, Lord's record company Wild Pitch records was no joke I don't think they will ever be a underground record company that solid again none of that pop @#%$ the line up was cold Gangstarr, OC, Lord Finesse, Main Source, Chill Rob G, the Coup, Ultramagnic MC's

Guest Chen Zhen

where are all the Jay Dee heads at?

i been bumpin Welcome 2 Detroit heavy as of late, i forgot how crazy dope that ish is

Guest rdenn

, i still listen to that slum village 1st everl album he did, welcome is a nice album as well, also that album ruff draft is a sick album , just when he started working with bigger artists he passed.

Guest Chen Zhen

ruff draft is dope. Make Em NV is my joint! probably the single best song ive ever heard on the subject of bling bling/ice ive ever heard!

took me a while to get into Donuts, but it grew on me

Guest Chen Zhen

dilla was a machine. he basically lived and died with his MPC at his side

now, for a thread regarding hiphop, there has been little mention of rza/WUTANG!!!

im jacked for Only Built for Cuban Linx 2......if it EVER comes out.

Guest Chen Zhen

im actually hoping blackstar DONT reunite.

the first blackstar album was a CLASSIC....one of my alltime fav albums.......every track, a banger. no filler.

but in this day and age (2007), it would be next to impossible to recapture that legendary status.....especially given how weak talib and mos def's work is nowadays.

Guest rdenn
im jacked for Only Built for Cuban Linx 2

but dre is doing most of the beats, no disrespect to dre he is a legend but i dont want to hear raekwon over his style of production just not going to sound right.

Guest CASSANOVA72

The Pillage by Cappadonna: Been a while since i listened to this album sounded new all over again......all about "MCF" and "Check For a N*gga"! The whole album was nice.8)

Guest peringaten

Ah! The Pillage, forgot about that one - I had a mate who worked for Sony when that came out; got me a limited edition promo article for it - apparently a bonafide dried African killer bee in a little glass jar, the lid with a Wu Tang sign on and the side marked "The swarm is coming...". All good till another mate dropped and broke it.

Guest beardy82
im actually hoping blackstar DONT reunite

the first blackstar album was a CLASSIC....one of my alltime fav albums.......every track, a banger. no filler.

but in this day and age (2007), it would be next to impossible to recapture that legendary status.....especially given how weak talib and mos def's work is nowadays.

oh, so true :smokin

Guest Chen Zhen

kweli dumbed down his style sooooooooo much..i find him a lil boring as of late too.

just heard the new common.......despite all the player hate this lp has received, i think its absolutely incredible. just as good as Be imo.

in particular the song Black Maybe is probably common's best song since Nag Champa (Like Water for Chocolate)

Guest beardy82

yes, Nag Champa is one of his finest (R.I.P Jay Dee)

as for the new Common.....i need to go to the store now. totally forgot that was out today. Common keeps comin out with the best @#%$ around now in days. Him and Kanye make a great team.

Guest kungfusamurai

Love the Rob G stuff. For me, rap began in the early 70s or so, and the good stuff ended around the early 90s. There was the occasional good track after that period, but once they started clamping down on the sample mosaics due to copyright restrictions, that's when I got bored of it all.

KFS