Community

ShaOW!linDude

ShaOW!linDude

Any fans of this show here? There's talk that this may face the possibility of cancellation.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/11/coming-together-on-community.php

Man, I hope not. This is one of the funniest and, at times, most bizarre shows on tv. My wife and I love it!!! There's a great mix of characters and many eps are themed which is great for laughs. If you've never seen it, I'd encourage you to check it out.

Troy and Abed in the mooooooooooooor --- ning!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
odioustrident

I hadn't watched TV regularly for years before the first season of Community came on. It's definitely good; hopefully the writers can go all out and save this one.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Ok I just got on-board on the Community Train and must say that this is the best comedy series ever, I mean ever and I've seen them all, like Arrested Development and Seinfeld...

I have not seen Curb Enthusiasm/The League/Parks Rec/ any British comedy after Mr. Bean??? So I don't know how they hold up against Community...

OpiumKungFuCracker

Have you guys been following Season 3 lately??? This show keeps getting better and better, might be the best comedy series out right now...

ShaOW!linDude

I have. Not been able to watch last Thursday ep yet. I understand it's based on the "Law & Order" procedural formula. Can't wait to watch that.

I can't understand why this show isn't more popular. They do such a good job of spoofing themes, cliches, and stereotypes.

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, me and Mrs. watched the "Law & Order" styled ep from last week.

This has got to be one of the funniest eps of any show I've ever seen on tv. Troy and Abed are hysterical! There was even a guest appearance by the woman who plays the coroner on L&O. I saved the ep to rewatch 'cause there's little things going on behind the characters and I want to see if I missed something.

If you missed this, they will no doubt be rerunning it during the summer. They better, if they have any sense.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Okay, me and Mrs. watched the "Law & Order" styled ep from last week.

This has got to be one of the funniest eps of any show I've ever seen on tv. Troy and Abed are hysterical! There was even a guest appearance by the woman who plays the coroner on L&O. I saved the ep to rewatch 'cause there's little things going on behind the characters and I want to see if I missed something.

If you missed this, they will no doubt be rerunning it during the summer. They better, if they have any sense.

Yeah I agree, so many little tidbits squeezed into one episode, the current episode aired was really good too.. Chang came into the character that we all wanted, the psycho dictatorship of Greendale!!!!

ShaOW!linDude

Just came across this.

Hoping to lure viewers with laughs, struggling NBC is calling on old friend Matthew Perry to lend a hand.

The TV network unveiled a fall schedule on Sunday that has 10 sitcoms, double the number of dramas it will air. Comedy is being added to two nights, Tuesday and Friday. All the low-rated but critically-acclaimed Thursday comedies earned renewals, although "Community" will move to Fridays...

Two of the current Thursday comedies, "30 Rock" and "Community," have orders of only 13 episodes next season, often a sign that executives are hedging their bets.

I'm glad Community is being moved from Thursday to Friday. I think The Big Bang Theory (of which I'm also a fan) was killing it as they're in the same time slot. But I hate that the next season will be cut back to 13 eps. Ah, well. As long as it stays on the air.

OpiumKungFuCracker

So as far as tv ratings, they go by who does the best at their time slots??? How about other revenues like DVD/Bluray/itunes download???? Or overseas I'm sure Community is big over in Europe or something and BBT which I enjoy as well, I don't think it's as good as Community though..

To me, Community is like Pee Wee's Playhouse while BBT is Hey Vern, It's Earnest Show!!!

ShaOW!linDude

To me, Community is like Pee Wee's Playhouse while BBT is Hey Vern, It's Earnest Show!!!

HAH!!! Dude, you are owning me! What an interesting perspective. I don't get that at all but I'll be watching them next time with that point of view.:tongue:

I mean, some of the wit on BBT is really out there, but they make it work. I don't get the comparison to Ernest unless it's that even geniuses can be simpletons at times.

I see more similarity in comparing Community to PWP, but Community has really taken parody to a whole new level. It varies between being blatant and subtle but they still whack you over the head with it.

Archived